Patch incoming?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bitula, Sep 6, 2021.

1. bitula

bitula Prince

On bugfix forum some users shared their response to internal bug reports submitted to 2k.
    Like one dated aug. 7 2021:
    "I wanted to let you know that the report has been received and documented, so the development team has been notified of this issue and are currently working toward a solution."

Main question: Does this not confirm, that there will be at least one more patch?

And why so far???? Several months have passed since april. What is the point of not releasing at least major bug fixes, like Culture industry 999+ and the no luxury imporved/traded in corporation mode?

conorbebe, topsecret, Kjimmet and 2 others like this.
  2. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

No one here can speak to their internal development processes so you’re not going to get any answer as to “why.”

However, I think most of us have indeed expected a final patch. Don’t forget that civ 5’s final patch came about a year after development ended.

Thanks for sharing this, because it seems confirmatory.

3. bitula

bitula Prince

Oh, I didn't know that. Thx, for the info. Well that is strange and difficult to comprehend. Many people I believe, including myself are forced to play something else in the meantime, since some of the bugs are quite major. Did Civ5 final patch include major fixes as well or it was in a better state in between?

JokerKara likes this.
  4. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

I still remember when Firaxis randomly added two new resources (Cocoa and Bison) to Civ 5 like a year and a half after what we thought was the final piece of content came out.

I would not be surprised to see some (minor) additions or tweaks continue.

iamliberal and JokerKara like this.
  5. Flactine

Flactine Chieftain

I think FXS didn't stop updating.
    upload_2021-9-6_21-50-20.png

6. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Actually not entirely, I believe that the Deluxe version of the Conquer of the New World came out few months before and it included two new resources that people wanted, which was eventually ported over in the final patch because, kinda hoping Gold gets the same treatement in Civ 6.
    To add to that, so did Civ 4, and so far Civ 4, 5 and 6.

JokerKara likes this.
  7. bitula

bitula Prince

What does this screen show? Active patches which are actually downloaded? You mean they release patches without patch notes? Or this is not yet downloaded/installed just shows some future stuff?

JokerKara likes this.
  8. JokerKara

JokerKara Chieftain

Does Firaxis developers still checking this forum? I am still waiting for bug fix and balance patch, hell - I would even buy more dlc for this game, if devs would fix current problems. I'm also hyped for the Midnight Suns and other projects from FXS, but untill they will fix Civ6 - I will not give them my money, and currently I just denouncing them for releasing such great game and making it unplayable. Not cool, FXS - just fix the damn game!

Aristos likes this.
  9. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Super Moderator

because if a "final" patch is released too soon, it may miss a lot of needed fix to bug not reported soon enough.

conorbebe and Noble Zarkon like this.
  10. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

None of the updates have been related to content though. It's almost entirely "clerical" type updates.

11. Haig

Haig Deity

I think the reply from 2K is just a general bot-generated one, like
    "Dear sir/madam, thank you for contacting your local congressman/gauleiter, he will gladly review your report as soon as possible"

Aristos and Hellenism Salesman like this.
  12. Linklite

Linklite Emperor

I got a similar message off of Aspyr about a bug involving roads about a year ago. Still freaking bugged.

It's just boilerplate like the "we value your call" nonsense you get when put on hold while trying to contact a business - sure you do, that's why you refuse to spend $5 on someone to handle my call sooner so I can spend 10 minutes on the phone instead of 60.

I'm not saying it's not coming, but don't take this as evidence that it is.

Luddify likes this.
  13. bitula

bitula Prince

I don't think so, look at the second sentence, from same response:

"As you can imagine this is not the first report they received about this so I want to assure you that they are actually working on it!"

14. Haig

Haig Deity

Ok glad to hear!

15. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

This. Clearly a cookie cutter answer. Who swallows the cookie is the question...