1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

patch - now can't build wonders

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Macintosh' started by iamliberal, Feb 15, 2019.

1. iamliberal

iamliberal Chieftain

Today, steam said it was updating Civ 6 (I am running R&F). I assume this is the spring 2018 (when pc got it) patch?

Afterward, I notice a few things like the Reports button is now to the right of the Eras button in the upper right corner.

Big PROBLEM (bug?) though: my wonders that were under construction are no longer progressing in construction. I'm in the Industrial Era and was 894/1200 toward completion of the old Terracotta Army wonder (this game is on marathon). After 6 turns, it's still at 894/1200, and doesn't list how many turns to completion. I switch to produce something else, and it properly shows progress on it (38 shields produced per turn for that city), and I can switch it back to Terracotta Army.

I look at another city, and the same thing is happening with production of the wonder Alhambra.

I just checked and all Wonders in all cities are listed as +999 turns.

What's going on?? Is this a bug?

2. oakdragon

oakdragon Stagnating amongst the Siliconians Supporter

There was a patch to the main game (which includes R&F) that came out at the same time as GS. It wouldn't surprise me if there is a save game incompatibility between the two updates.

3. iamliberal

iamliberal Chieftain

I found some posts from pc users in steam who had the same thing after the update running R&F. There is a solution:
    Load your old save
    Save game again
    Close Civ 6 entirely and restart Civ 6
    Load your save game, and you can build wonders again(fixed!)

4. kiwipeso

kiwipeso Chieftain

New versions are always incompatible between save files.
    It is possible that the new save in cloud function may help at the next update.
    However, if you really want to continue your old games, you'll need to do a rollover of the save files.