1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch...

Discussion in 'Communitas Expansion Pack' started by Zeppelin4, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Zeppelin4

Zeppelin4 Warlord

Anyone know how the patch effects VEM?

2. Dunkah

Dunkah Emperor

I had a game I had started about 4 days ago. Turned it on last night and played for nearly 3 hours without any problem. Didn't notice any changes. Didn't actually check that it was updated for that matter either. But my system usually updates right away.

3. kris159

kris159 Kris P Bacon

The latest patch seems pretty small, and the changes aren't very fundamental (like no prominent new features added), so I'm guessing there shouldn't be major problems.

4. Txurce

Txurce Deity

Comments in the Discussions forums confirm that the new patch seems to have no effect on mods.

5. Dunkah

Dunkah Emperor

I forget where Txurce mentions it but it does seem as the time inbetween turns had sped up. The banner that normally displays that has your leaders name on it only displays for about a half a second then fades. I can't even see the text on it. Also animations for units are much quicker during other Civs turns. I have had several units killed and I can't even see it happen live. Also the text displayed on the top middle of the screen with combat results disappears before I can read it. But that has always been much to short of a time for me normally.

I kind of like the speed, except when one of my own units is killed.

Last game I played crashed on turn 1047, it was while I was waiting for the other Civs turn to end. I was going to win a Culture Victory on tun 1048... It was such a let down.

6. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

Huh, I played a couple hundred turns yesterday (for the first time since October - damn you Skyrim!) and the turns seemed slower than ever after t150. But it was a large map on Immortal, so that probably has something to do with it.

The only buggy thing I noticed aside from that was that the happiness UI was very laggy (I'd repair a pillaged resource and the happiness from it wouldn't appear immediately, sometimes not until a few minutes had passed, for example) but I don't know if that is from the mod or the patch.

7. Txurce

Txurce Deity

Really? Skyrim alone knocked you out of Civ for a season? That's unsettling!

8. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

Nah, I needed a break anyway! Skyrim is pretty fun, but a little repetitive after a while (and not enough to keep me away for long). Also played Terraria quite a bit.

Anyway, double-digit Civ5 session yesterday and well into this morning!:D

9. Sneaks

Sneaks Brooklyn Bum

Skyrim was deliciously good (and their developers are far more mod friendly!) but it does lack the replayability of this.

10. jacktannery

jacktannery Prince

I also played my first Civ V game in over a month yesterday, to take a break from Skyrim. I think that Civ V is gradually growing on me, just like IV did. It's always such a pleasure to come back to.

I have no problems playing latest CiV patch with TBM/VEM 1.23.