Patching the Scandinavian distribution of PTW

Deathgoroth

Chieftain
This is not quite a patch bug report, but still...

If you have the Scandinavian distribution (if there are a Norwegian, Danish, Swedish and Finnish flag on the back of the PTW CD box, you have the Scandinavian distribution) then there are no patch for you. If you try a patch, my experience from trying and reading at the forum, is that you get a message that the computer will not find the CD. And you will probably have to uninstall and reinstall the hole PTW program again.

I have mailed Inforgames on the problem, others have probably as well, so I guess there will be some official information on the problem soon.

@Deathgoroth

The problem is that the scandinavian PTW is US edition instead of UK/EU english edition. So the solution is quite simple, download US 1.27PTW patch.

Highly questionable distribution quality by Infogrames though.

Originally posted by Singularity
@Deathgoroth

The problem is that the scandinavian PTW is US edition instead of UK/EU english edition. So the solution is quite simple, download US 1.27PTW patch.

Highly questionable distribution quality by Infogrames though.

I tried that. It did not work. Maybe because I have the scandinavian distribution of Civ3: Gold, which include both Civ3 and PTW? Finally, atarisupport.com posted this message:

'Downloads & Patches for Civilization III: Gold'
There are no downloads or patches for Civilization III: Gold at this time.

There have also been suggested that I can infact use the patch you suggested if I run the program in Win2000 mode. I haven't tried that, yet.

What kind of confusion of ideas of distribution that led to this mess we can only speculate. Hopefully Civ4 will release differently.

For reference, see below:
http://www.atarisupport.com/newfaq/civilizationiiigold.php?browser=1&pageDisplay=DOWNLOADS

LOL @ ATARI!

'Downloads & Patches for Civilization III: Gold'
There are no downloads or patches for Civilization III: Gold at this time.

There have also been suggested that I can infact use the patch you suggested if I run the program in Win2000 mode. I haven't tried that, yet.

What kind of confusion of ideas of distribution that led to this mess we can only speculate. Hopefully Civ4 will release differently.

For reference, see below:
http://www.atarisupport.com/newfaq/...splay=DOWNLOADS

That is bullsh@ite!

Try to do a complete uninstall and add the US 1.27f PTW patch after you reinstall.

Top Bottom