Path problem on a G4 iBook

MIKX

Chieftain
Hi,

I have installed CIV III DYP on a G4 iBook running OSX 10.4.10.
CIV 3 DYP will not load, I get a message asking to remove any of the following; "slash "backslash" etc from a folder name.
I have no idea how to get around this.
The problem seems to be the path to the CIV III folder . .
eg : hard drive/users/Applications/Civilization/ . . these slashes are upseting the app.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Hello, welcome :wavey:

1. Which version of Civ3 are you running?

2. I assume you have installed the DyP mod correctly? How did you do it exactly?

3. It's unusual to see a message complaining about back slashes, as they appear in lots of the Civ3 data files, because they are the same as the ones for the Windows version. They are usually dealt with by the Civ3 software internally. Please can you upload screenshots of the error messages?

Hi Alan,

Here is the error I get . . .

Michael

Attachments

• Civ3DYP_error.jpg
    Civ3DYP_error.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 110
Looks like you named your hard drive "OSX10.4"? That contains a period, which Civ3, being Windows software, objects to.

That's not the best name for a disk anyway - what happens when you upgrade to Leopard?

(Edit) A period may even be an illegal character for some Mac software. You didn't say which version of Civ3 you are trying to run?

Alan, Thank You ! I couldn't see the forest for the trees :lol:
Having cut my teeth on Amigas ( I still have a working A4000T) I should have realised that a " . " in a volume name would probably be illegal.
I renamed the drive OSX10_4 which immediately fixed the problem.
I am in your debt.

One last question . .
Have there been any upgrades to the Mac version of DPY 1.01 ?

Michael

There is no need for a Mac version of DyP. Mods for Civ3 are cross platform, as long as you can get the files to install.

I've no idea whether it's been updated, but if you go to the main DyP web site, or the local forum in Creation and Customization, you should be able to find out.

Top Bottom