Pathfinders are too much powerful?

Show me your succesful deity shoshone play as tradition or progress on standard settings and I'll accept I misunderstand them
Well, we are offttopic, but suffice it to say, I need do nothing of the sort to know that Shoshone's first and subsequent borders cost the same as any other civ. The UA does not affect Tribute (and other similar effects) until a city has completed its 5th ring.

If you want to argue for a better Shoshone or a worse Askia, they have their own threads.

Last edited:
The fact that they are faster in woods than plains after the promotion is a bit weird imo. You do get used to it but it doesn't actually make sense.

Very true. it should probably be trailblazer 1: double movement on plains/grass/(one ofsnow/desert maybe?) 2:Woods/Jungle/the other of snow/desert + zoc

Very true. it should probably be trailblazer 1: double movement on plains/grass/(one ofsnow/desert maybe?) 2:Woods/Jungle/the other of snow/desert + zoc
Then they still move faster in trees since they're on plains/grass too.

It makes sense weird. Bare plains or grassland cannot support humans without farms. For 50,000 years humans didn't bother with agricultue and preferred forests with berries, honey and fruits. Which scouts can easily gather, not waiting for supplies, and proceed marching. And they go whole continents without supply wagons.

Jungle and forests starts are though enough and plains great enough anyway.

This is a crazy idea, but what if each of the pathfinder promotions just gave +1 speed as its main thing, instead of the double-moves? And maybe make Scouting 3 something that isn't that.

But it better be, right?
No. Scouts are not meant to be an attack unit in a large war. If you Google the definition of a scout, it's primary function is to explore and provide intel about an enemy. This is what the entire recon line does as it currently exists in the game. They are really strong at what they do.

I always play with one other person and six AIs on a standard map size (communitas/continents), so my opinion will always factor in another human, but I actually really like where the recon unit line is at currently.

I'm not sure what about them could be defined as OP, given that they need to be heavily promoted to be effective at pillaging.

No. Scouts are not meant to be an attack unit in a large war. If you Google the definition of a scout, it's primary function is to explore and provide intel about an enemy. This is what the entire recon line does as it currently exists in the game. They are really strong at what they do.
What I meant is that it'd be better if the game is more balanced than not.

Top Bottom