1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by Leugi, Feb 11, 2013.

1. RawSasquatch

RawSasquatch Minuteman

Oh boy, that new selection screen in the OP looks great! The incomplete civs being blacked out works wonders for the hype meter, too. The ones I'm really curious about are the guy in the top left (Geronimo, perhaps? I've been waiting on a solid Apache mod for ages!) and the guy between Bolivar and Gaspar. I don't know him off the top of my head, though his sideburns are Texas-sized...

2. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

I see L'overture, Melgarejo, who I presume is Calfucura, Pedro leader of the Uros. The other two I'm more doubtful but look like some mesoamerican guy and the leader of Central America.

3. BttLsht

BttLsht King

Mesoamerican guy was announced a long time ago before time, kind forgot about him.

4. Alganon

Alganon Warlord

This is the leader of the Toltecs but i forgot his name

5. COF

COF Emperor

Who is the guy with the beard at the bottom?

6. Hoop Thrower

That's Mariano Melgarejo, a Bolivian leader whose legacy is known for being legendary levels of corruption and incompetence. He's attributed Caligula levels of "deeds", like selling a bunch of bolivian territory in exchange of a horse, killing Belzu in cold blood (if you look closely they are in the same room), making his men march until they fell from a balcony just to show their loyalty and other spectacularly terrible things, I'm sure I've just touched the surface, Leugi probably will be able to fill in you with anything I might have missed.

7. Leugi

Leugi Supreme Libertador

Haiti Released!

Please note, if you're having issues with the Production Popup, go to the "Incompatibility" folder inside the mod files and check there for details on how to fix that.

8. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

At last! Excellent job, this civ looks - and I hope - plays out fantastic. :) Haiti is going to be an absolute nightmare of an adversary.

9. Gyra Solune

Gyra Solune King

Yesssss, this is looking super neat.

10. Leugi

Leugi Supreme Libertador

About the Leader showcase thing:

As you can see Louverture is now brightened. About the others... well, I'm not saying anything :p (except that yeah, that bearded guy is Melgarejo, and the civ is going to be half-joke) ... You know Pedro Layme and Topiltzin though, the rest are South American. However, the fact they are there doesn't mean they are inmediatly next in release line.. expect some few surprises still :D Something fun about the new screen though, they are and will always be (after I add more) in chronological order

I need some feedback on Haiti if you guys can, I'm still unsure if the amount of GA points granted by Occupied cities is enough, or too few... so if you guys manage to give some testing to it I'd be happy to listen to it

11. Gyra Solune

Gyra Solune King

I think this is going to become A Thing i do around here

The map thingy for Haiti has the the whole of Hispaniola as its territory but the cities are just Haitian. Do you wish for a redone list thingy to include those? Honestly in this case I'm not sure the Dominican Republic parts should be in its map since they basically seemed to have sacked and held it for a short while before it pretty quickly had a change of hands and then became independent.

(but either way I am probably going to place a revised one here anyway because SUBURBS, i just wish to know if half of it should be of places questionably ever held in the first place)

12. Viregel

Viregel , The Rt. Hon.

Haiti owned it at the time though, so it is valid. Besides, it's unlikely the Dominican Republic will get made into a civ, so nice to represent it on the map at least.

13. Gyra Solune

Gyra Solune King

I figured as much. In any case, it just means more of the map is covered! Soon we will have every corner of the globe playable in this one game.

Even Monaco may not be safe in city-state status for long...

14. regalman

regalman Reckless Dolphin

Congrats on release! This is one of the civs I will have along with the Buccaneers to fill the Americas on YNAEMP.

15. Hoop Thrower

Wait, chronological order you say? Oh the plot thickens... who could ever possible be older than Cahuachi?

16. Urdnot_Scott

Urdnot_Scott Sultan

Olmecs?

17. Hoop Thrower

He said South American though, Caral could be more probable...

18. Urdnot_Scott

Urdnot_Scott Sultan

Dunno, there isn't much on it, and Tomatekh has been planning one for ages.

19. TheLohoped

TheLohoped Known today as TLPD-AVW

Caral is a joint project of Tomatekh and Leugi

20. Urdnot_Scott

Urdnot_Scott Sultan

Oh, I guess it is them then