Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by Leugi, Feb 11, 2013.

1. thunderbird_14

thunderbird_14 Prince

This is fantastic, thanks for all the efforts today and in the future.

2. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

So, I presume this leaderscene is too small to be usable?

3. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

Yeah, that's the biggest we've got. It'd look rubbish if it was blown up to full size so we need to redo it

4. The Specialize

The Specialize Warlord

Eh? It's not that bad blown up if it isn't done just by increasing the image size.

Spoiler :

Albiet, It can always be better, Will never be as good as what the original would've been.

5. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

I'm not that interested in a chilean update really, the civilization as is stays pretty stable, could use some compatibility updates of course, but it ain't bad. I still have Leugi's Event & Decisions ideas saved in case you need them... and my own of course, but those are plastered all over the forum anyways.

I'd actually like to see Haiti, Tiwanaku & Muisca being playable again.

Is it just me or his pants look weird? As in, it looks like he had a potty accident...

6. Uighur_Caesar

Uighur_Caesar Comandante en Jefe

I went ahead and dug up Leugi's design for them in case anyone is interested in working on them: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13677950&postcount=2261. I'd personally be interested, but I won't be available for most of this month anyway.

@Hoop: Yeah I was hoping I wouldn't be the only one to notice that stain looking thing lol.

7. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

Yeah, that's the design we'll be using. Probably gonna start work after Greece is done

8. Alga2

Alga2 Lurker

Rio de la Plata seems to be one of Leugis unborn babies.

Spoiler :

Some where in the thread the Toltec LS is lurking around.

9. lordrj15

lordrj15 Manx Modder

What even is Rio de la Plata?

It just seems to be the mouth of a river

10. Tarmont

Tarmont Empress

11. turingmachine

turingmachine Emperor

Does your patch also add decisions?

12. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Yes. It should have full mod support now (or, at least the full mod support I do for my own mods... sorry CBP).

13. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

San Martin is not kill?

It'd be sweet to see Rio de la Plata released (alongside a possible update to Eva to add her new LS), but isn't the UI model going to be a bit of an issue - as it is with the Olmec? (Any word on that by the way?) I guess it's probably going to be easier to find a plantation model than a giant stone head in any case.

Also, that Uru leaderscreen is pretty hype as well - did Leugi ever post a design for them?

Thanks for the Gran Colombia patch Tomatekh - especially cool that you took the time to add decisions as well. Hopefully everything works out - because it'll be sweet to play as Bolivar again.

EDIT: Oh Shazbot! Have the planned forrays into Gran Colombia and Rio de la Plata awoken that which was thought dead?

14. sss64sss

sss64sss Warlord

I'm quite excited to see updates are finally coming. A lot of some of my favorites have been left dangling for a while now :D (Argentina, Mapuche, Cuba, Chile, Tupi, etc).

Any word on what's happening with Leugi's non-Patria Grande civs? (Israel and the Phillistines.) They should be ok for the most part, but I remember Israel has some quirks here and there and probably needs mod support for some newer things

15. Stef09

Stef09 Warlord

Many thanks for this update! Really looking forward to playing this older civ now with the fixes and E&D support. To be honest, I would rather see all these (Leugi's) older civs updated and with E&D than to see new civs being launched, since these all look amazing but am not playing them now...

Followed your instructions and subscribed via Steam first, but somehow no files are showing in my Mod-folder. Is this step via Steam necessary and thus a problem when it doesn't give files, or can I just copy your files from dropbox into the Mod-folder and should it work then?

Thanks again, great work!

16. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

My download only has the files I directly edited and is missing some files and art and audio stuff from the base mod. So, it doesn't really work standalone; only as a "patch" updating the base Gran Colombia mod.

Anyway, subscribed mods not downloading is a common bug with the Steam Workshop. You can just use whichever of the various steam workshop downloader pages are currently working to download the mod manually.

http://steamworkshop.download/ seems to be up.

Put the civ5mod file that downloads from there (with some older mod files you may need to add the .civ5mod extension manually to the file first) into your mods folder and go into the civ v mods menu in game and it should manually install. After it installs, exit the game and overwrite the files with my download before restarting the game to play with the mod.

17. Stef09

Stef09 Warlord

That works, many thanks!!!

18. Zipa_DH

Zipa_DH Zipa of Bacata

Oh yeah, the Urus. Reed islands should be amazing

19. turingmachine

turingmachine Emperor

Thanks!

20. Nite

Nite Chieftain

So i downloaded the latest version fo Gran Colombia then i added in Tomatekh's patch. In my game i kick Catherine's ass in a war and she gives me a city state she conquered then I liberate it but no golden age occurs right after