1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by Leugi, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

Root you

Just making sure its compatible with changes to Rise to Power, adding proper flavor, units update to EE properly etc

2. retrocity5

retrocity5 Prince

3. retrocity5

retrocity5 Prince

Sounds great!

4. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

5. turingmachine

turingmachine Emperor

The link on civfanatics seems to be down.

Edit: Oh, it just seems there's an error in the posted link. It's missing a colon after https. Adding it fixes the link.

6. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

Or the Great Writer/Artist/Musician since they don't have tile improvements? My guess would be: Writer = Culture, Artist = GA points, and Musician = Tourism, but I wanted to make sure.

7. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

All the artists make the same head which gives culture equal to half the GK landmark. Generals and scientists make heads which give golden age points (which is also the default head for various GP types added by mods).

8. retrocity5

retrocity5 Prince

Well, I'm not really too sure though, that's just my thoughts on why.

9. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

I get a web error error trying to download Olmecs from the CivFanatic link, Firefox can't find the address, (exact error is "Adresse introuvable Firefox ne peut trouver le serveur à l’adresse https." but i'm not sure it helps you in french), probably an error in the file name.

Glad to see a new civ from you. :thumbsup: :goodjob:
    Not sure how Venus Cycles will work on higher difficulties or with Acken's mod, guess i have to go for unusual techs.

10. senshidenshi

senshidenshi Switched the Red and Blue channels

This link should work.

11. thunderbird_14

thunderbird_14 Prince

12. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

Thanks. It does indeed work.

Actually, the "official" download link starts with a double protocol
    Code:
    http://https//dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81814981/The%20Olmec%20(Brave%20New%20World)%20(v%2025).zip
    but i didn't notice it as it seems firefox has "evolved" again and no longer shows the protocol in the address bar, i had to copy-paste it in a text editor to notice this :rolleyes:

13. Stef09

Stef09 Warlord

Was really excited to build my first colossal head with a great engineer, but then got a CTD when clicking the icon... :cry:

Please help!! (preferably save-game compatible since awesome start)

I'm running CID, EXCE, E&D and other mod-civs. Attached the logs, many thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

• Log.zip
      File size:
      4.1 KB
      Views:
  14. Stef09

Stef09 Warlord

Sorry, saw that logs weren't properly enabled, please see attached, hope you can make something of it

EDIT: Same CTD with a great prophet. See in the xml [1006806.781] Missing Entry for UNIT_OLMEC_UNIQUE_ART??

Attached Files:

15. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

@Stef09

From the logs, all the Olmec lua and database stuff seem to be loading correctly. (UNIT_OLMEC_UNIQUE_ART doesn't do anything, it's from an old version of the UA which was easier to disable in the files than outright remove). The lua log from right after when the crash occurs might show more, but, barring a graphical issue with the improvement model and a specific version of directx, I'm more inclined to believe it's a mod conflict somewhere. In which case, a mod list might help. Though, it would likely be another mod that interferes with GameEvents.BuildFinished, GP improvements in general, or possibly the map graphics.

16. Stef09

Stef09 Warlord

@Tomatekh

Many thanks for the support. It's quite a list but I'm using:
    - CP v.88
    - CID v.46
    - EXCE v.19
    - Historical Religions v.45
    - E&D v.3
    - All Tomatekh civs
    - Most JFD civs
    - Most CL civs
    - Most More Civs civs
    - Most Tarcisio civs
    - Some DMS civs
    - Some LITE civs
    - Some older Leugi civs

Unfortunately and very weird, the lua file doesn't show any lines relating to a CTD (just tried few times and no new lines show after CTD vs before CTD). Relating to your suggestions, I'm not sure if anything comes to mind as possible offender, but it feels like searching for a needle in a haystack. Best option might be to just re-start game with Olmec using just the top mods and see what works and where it breaks.

Really a shame, was so enjoying that game with the Olmec!

17. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

It's most likely going to be the older Leugi civs that are giving you grief, they tend to have some issues as they are normally outdated. Try disabling them and see if that works

18. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

It might be a graphical issue. Some people have had display issues with custom improvement graphics and certain versions of directx. I don't know if anyone has had their game crash from an improvement graphic, but I do know some people crash when trying to use the custom 3d leaderheads (like the Mansa Musa leaderhead).

Though, if you use my other mods and never had issue with the Champa, Benin, Garamantes, or Mali it's probably not the case.

19. Stef09

Stef09 Warlord

Thanks for the advice guys. Indeed it seems to be one of the older civs. Currently have all enabled except Tarcisio, LITE and Leugi's and the colossal heads are working fine. Will see if I can find out which one exactly and let you know fyi

EDIT: With only the Leugi civs disabled, colossal heads still work fine. Not sure it adds much value to identify which civ specifically, I guess they all could do with an update for the latest mods (hint)

20. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Hi everyone,

Hokath was kind enough to create a version of the Olmec compatible with the CBP / Vox Populi:

The Olmec (CBP) v.1

The download functions as a standalone mod (so it does not need the standard version of the Olmec) and requires the CBP.

If you have any feedback or encounter any bugs specific to this version, please post it on this Steam discussion page.