1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by Leugi, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

It might be a graphical issue. Some people have had display issues with custom improvement graphics and certain versions of directx. I don't know if anyone has had their game crash from an improvement graphic, but I do know some people crash when trying to use the custom 3d leaderheads (like the Mansa Musa leaderhead).

Though, if you use my other mods and never had issue with the Champa, Benin, Garamantes, or Mali it's probably not the case.

2. Stef09

Stef09 Warlord

Thanks for the advice guys. Indeed it seems to be one of the older civs. Currently have all enabled except Tarcisio, LITE and Leugi's and the colossal heads are working fine. Will see if I can find out which one exactly and let you know fyi

EDIT: With only the Leugi civs disabled, colossal heads still work fine. Not sure it adds much value to identify which civ specifically, I guess they all could do with an update for the latest mods (hint)

3. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Hi everyone,

Hokath was kind enough to create a version of the Olmec compatible with the CBP / Vox Populi:

The Olmec (CBP) v.1

The download functions as a standalone mod (so it does not need the standard version of the Olmec) and requires the CBP.

If you have any feedback or encounter any bugs specific to this version, please post it on this Steam discussion page.

4. thunderbird_14

thunderbird_14 Prince

5. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

Tomatekh, your Gran Colombia patch a few pages back doesn't really work. It's missing important information so just moving over the new stuff and overwriting takes out stuff like the unit and civilization entries. Trying to manually parse the new things over to the old just causes TXT_KEY problems and database errors.

6. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

You must be doing it wrong?

It 100% does work, although, as I stated, it doesn't work stand-alone. You need to have it overwrite the last version of the base Gran Colombia mod to get a complete update.

It doesn't take out anything or is missing anything. If you're looking in the files and don't see something in it's usual place, it's because the update re-arranges a lot of stuff into different files (a bunch of stuff, like the unit entry, gets squeezed into art define SQL file). This was the only way to update a lot of it properly since I couldn't create new files or set different files to load into the database. Because of this, I wouldn't suggest moving only the new stuff piecemeal as the update wasn't really designed that way.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  7. 1760s

1760s Chieftain

Is there a patch or update somewhere to make Cespedes's Cuba functional? I'm not able to even get it to install and show up in the mod menu properly; it just crashes the game on the spot.

8. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

Could you try and post some logs? It's easier for us to figure out what's going on if we've got something to work with

9. 1760s

1760s Chieftain

Well, I guess never mind, I managed to get it to install successfully. The issue, so far as I can tell, is that the game was crashing upon trying to unpack the .civ5mod file; unpacking it manually with 7zip bypassed the issue. I don't know why that would be a problem, but I guess it's resolvable so it's nothing too critical.

10. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

Ah, I see where the problem probably lies. Likely a duplicate mod support overlap, since I didn't even think of looking into those sql files for mod support stuff.

11. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

But, I really wouldn't recommend trying to install the update piecemeal instead of all at once by just overwriting the base mod with the updated files. Not only is most of the data moved around to unconventional files, but I believe I edited the modinfo file itself and a lot of the updated info between files is inter-connected. It's very easy to leave something out or not change something specific, which would then cause the whole update to not work. If you are looking to edit the update, I would suggest doing it after you've overwritten/updated the base mod instead of before/during. I tested the update several times with the overwrite method and a lot of users have installed it with that method with no problem.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  12. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

Yeah, I didn't do it piecemeal. It's likely some other mod making it freak out.

13. retrocity5

retrocity5 The American Monarchist

So are there going to be any new mods or will the old ones be updated to support new mods like CiD, ExCE, etc.?

14. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

Moderator Action: Please do not bump old threads - only people with updates can do that

15. Leugi

Leugi Supreme Libertador

Wow.. this forum looks so weird now o.o

Also:

[nvm]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    AbsintheRed, Stef09 and dilophosaur like this.
  16. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

... but why?

retrocity5 and Leugi like this.
  17. Leugi

Leugi Supreme Libertador

Oh damn. I completely forgot I had asked for that map D: Sorry Hoop, kept searching everywhere to see if it was done and it seems I didn't find it. Anyway thanks for handling it again xD, will use yours instead.

I also made some changes to San Martin himself.
    Spoiler :

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    retrocity5 likes this.
  18. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

The map is by Regalman, just to clarify

19. Leugi

Leugi Supreme Libertador

Ok, my apologies go to him then xD

20. retrocity5

retrocity5 The American Monarchist

Tears of joy to see Martin.