Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas

It reppaces privater, but i think it has lower chance of capturing ships, i played with chile long ago so i cant remember precisly, but it is a little stronger and can upgrade to ironclads as good addition

matiss is almost right hehe. It doesn't have a smaller chance, rather, it earns more experience and may be upgraded to Ironclad.

The reasoning behind replacing privateer is that Chile's first Escuadra gained its reputation by capturing enemy ships; and then when the Escuadra evolved (by the time of the War of the Pacific) they used ironclads to capture the Huascar and so forth.

Anyway; sorry for the lack of updates, I've been rather busy. At any rate, Paraguay will likely be done this week :D ... On that note, some patches to the other civs to include YNaEMP compatibility directly (and for some surprises) are in store.

For Argentina: I will also add +1 Food on Pastures; people have been asked for a reference of Argentine ganadery for quite a while, and I think Argentina needs an early bonus because all of the other bonuses start at Renassaince.
For Chile: Will change the War Music to the one suggested some posts back, will increase the volume of the peace music (and perhaps revert it to the other Victor Jara one)
For the Others: Mostly Ynaemp compatibility.

So any ideas how Topiltzin should be depicted for the Toltecs?

Will you make any more modern civs or youll start working with pre-colonial civs after?

Um, sorry to be That Newbie, but I'd really like to see a Chimor Civ and you seem well-versed in South American history. Could you tell me if this is any good?

Chimor (Nancen-Pinco)
Start Bias: Desert
UA: Split Inheritance Principle
All cities founded by the Chimu start with a Palace. May not build Solar Plants.
UB: Huachaque (replaces Aqueduct)
40% of :c5food: Food is carried over after a new Citizen is born. +5% :c5production: in the Capital per 10 Citizens in the city.
UB: Artisan's Barrio (replaces Workshop)
+2 and +10% :c5production:. +1 :c5gold: and +2% :c5culture: in the Capital.

The idea for the Chimor is for them to become a potent wonder-spammer civilisation that isn't afraid of going wide. The thing with the palaces comes from the fact that Chimu kings had to build their own upon the death of the previous monarch; the Huachaque is a kind of sunken farm that lends itself well to an Aqueduct replacement; and the Artisan's Barrio references the fact that an overwhelming quantity of people in Chan Chan were artisans of one form or another - 12,000 out of a population of 26,000, by some estimates. Would this work, or would it be too horrendous to contemplate?

I'm also willing to write up DoM texts for any other Civs if you want me to. =]

He's making both Paraguay and Cuba.

I think Hangman is making a Chimu civ for his scenario, don't know if he could perhaps expand it to normal Civ.

Will you make any more modern civs or youll start working with pre-colonial civs after?

The modern civs to do are Paraguay (which will be done soonish), Cuba, Haiti, Central America, Canada (different from TP's)...

Then there has been the thought of making 2 other modern ones, one being a Pioneer-Cowboy centered Texas, and another one which the idea is incomplete enough not to share it, but those 2 are not yet confirmed.

What are you thinking of with your Canada civilization? Since Tpangolin's is more diplomatic and defensive based, will yours focus on trade and economy?

By central america you meant whole region in one civ or that particular regions civs.

I had no idea that was a think, thank you.

Ha! Looks like someone was quicker than you and made texas civ, Leugi. Oh, and pleade say my name with capital letter, it doesnt mean its not in my nickname, im writting yours with capital. Btw is it possible to use unit textures from stronghold crusader, because longswordsman needs to look a little different and region warry.

Moderator Action: Please use the edit function of the forum instead of posting several times in a row. Thanks.

Leugi still can make Texas Civ - no offense to creator of workshop's one, but he cannot even come close to Leugi's Team's skills :D

Personally I am bored to death with XML civs with art barely fitting in Civ5style :p

Um, sorry to be That Newbie, but I'd really like to see a Chimor Civ and you seem well-versed in South American history. Could you tell me if this is any good?

Chimor (Nancen-Pinco)
Start Bias: Desert
UA: Split Inheritance Principle
All cities founded by the Chimu start with a Palace. May not build Solar Plants.
UB: Huachaque (replaces Aqueduct)
40% of :c5food: Food is carried over after a new Citizen is born. +5% :c5production: in the Capital per 10 Citizens in the city.
UB: Artisan's Barrio (replaces Workshop)
+2 and +10% :c5production:. +1 :c5gold: and +2% :c5culture: in the Capital.

The idea for the Chimor is for them to become a potent wonder-spammer civilisation that isn't afraid of going wide. The thing with the palaces comes from the fact that Chimu kings had to build their own upon the death of the previous monarch; the Huachaque is a kind of sunken farm that lends itself well to an Aqueduct replacement; and the Artisan's Barrio references the fact that an overwhelming quantity of people in Chan Chan were artisans of one form or another - 12,000 out of a population of 26,000, by some estimates. Would this work, or would it be too horrendous to contemplate?

I'm also willing to write up DoM texts for any other Civs if you want me to. =]

In fact, I already made one :p

Then there has been the thought of making 2 other modern ones, one being a Pioneer-Cowboy centered Texas, and another one which the idea is incomplete enough not to share it, but those 2 are not yet confirmed.

Leugi isn't planning to make Texas IIRC. Now he won't need to the texas civ here is really good.

Updates! :D

I'm going to bet that the other civ is California. If not, then I'll try to do it if I can be bothered.

Before there's an outrage don't worry, if I make Texas it won't be removing any of the already confirmed ones. Also... not California :p , you know the extra civ anyway Viregel.

Leugi still can make Texas Civ - no offense to creator of workshop's one, but he cannot even come close to Leugi's Team's skills :D

Personally I am bored to death with XML civs with art barely fitting in Civ5style :p

That is true, I admit, but the truth does hurt sometimes. I'm definitely gonna work on my art in the near future, though.

And to contribute to the Patria Grande discussion instead of going off about my own mods, I'll guess that the secret civ is... Cascadia?

Top Bottom