1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by Leugi, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Carloso

Carloso Warlord

Looks like a brilliant Cultural Based civilization, however I don't know how I'm going to code all this into the game. :crazyeye:

Just a suggestion: (Well I've already added it anyway!) The Toltecs should be mad on conquering city-states like the Toltecs or Huns, mainly to get points for their Great Toltecah.

I think its time we start thinking about music for the Toltecs and of course the leader scene!

2. Beefie

Beefie Warlord

Would you also be able to add "Artifacts act as Great Works of Art for the sake of trading and theming bonuses" as with the Toltecah (I think it sounds better without the Great, can't remember if Khans and MoV use it?) not creating artworks it would be impossible for the Toltec to acheive the theming bonus.

EDIT: Or an idea may be to disable trading artworks for the Toltec, but expand the UA with "After researching [some technology after the antiquity sites are placed but before Archaeology], Toltecahs gain the ability to see antiquity sites if they pass within a 3-tile radius and may excavate foreign Great Works".

Any good?

3. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

Suddendly I got wondering, how's the Uru music going to be like? Is it going to be Diabladas? That's the only thing I can imagine for them.

4. Leugi

Leugi Supreme Libertador

Well, the thing with "Great" is that... Toltec Toltecah is going to sound terrible, to the very least Toltec Great Toltecah works... (otherwise, just Artisan or Great Artisan).

Dealing with GW-Trade is as hardcoded as it can be, so I can't really play with that. There are some good enough theming bonuses for Artifacts anyway.

@Hoop_Thrower: Well, although the Supay characters of Diabladas emerged from Uru cosmogony, the music and dance itself is colonial. I also realized I haven't used much Charangos for any soundtrack yet, and it fits nicely with the whole lake-y background so I will be using Charangos mostly.

5. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

6. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

I would recommend not giving mesos any music with synth because it makes it sound too much like New age.

I just posted some music suggestions on the colonist legacies thread. Every mesoamerican civ have the same problem, there's a lot of blanks and speculation as to what their music sounded like, however we know for certain what instruments they used.

For the Toltec I'd go with something easy on the ears to start the game:

and for war something like this:
    Spoiler :

starts to pick up around 1:40
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNy1Ev1ianM

or this, even tho the drums are cool they can be a bit repetitive.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSDwJc3KHQU

7. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

That would work as well. It is hard to find more authentic type music though, precisely because most of the music you can find that is Mesoamerican themed is what you'd call new age music, like Cusco's(the group) legendary music for example.

Whatever you think works best though.

8. Reedstilt

Reedstilt Prince

New Toltecs look great! 20 names would be easy, since they could follow the Ce Acatl convention and use Day-Names. I'll start looking for Toltec artifacts that could be used.

9. Carloso

Carloso Warlord

10. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

I played Paraguay (which is a very nice civ, even though they are MEAN when they are an opponent) and I can definitely confirm that my graphical errors are just with your civs with UI's, and just the UI's (except for possibly the Tupi archer) and just your UI's as I don't have this problem with the official improvements nor did I have it with the Shoshone Tipi from the 3rd unique components project. Something about how you do the improvements must not like Direct X 9.

11. SuperWaffle247

SuperWaffle247 Secretary General

I just encountered an interesting bug relating to your civs. I was playing as Gran Colombia and if I moved my Warrior far enough that it would require two turns, instead of automatically moving it the next turn it just asked for orders again the enxt turn. I also replicated this with the Muisca. The bug did not happen with the Benito Juarez Mexico, and it also did not happen when I had no mods loaded. My last test was to play with JUST Gran Colombia loaded, and the bug did appear.

EDIT: Further testing has revealed that I'm an idiot. There's no bug. Seems like today's not my day. No worries!

12. Carloso

Carloso Warlord

Wow, slow day huh? :lol:

Also an update on the Toltecs. I have an idea for a unique improvement/building: the Chacmool Alter (or just chacmool)

Actually Warrior Temple or Atlant would be fine, however the Atlant needs another name say, Temimiltic or Temimiliuhqui, all translations of stone.

http://www.freelang.net/online/nahuatl.php?lg=gb

13. hangman

hangman almost-scientist

Yeah, it's pretty tough to find music that isn't New Age-y or overly western classical, but there is material out there. Here's one I found a while back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY5IGUxMcJo

14. Leugi

Leugi Supreme Libertador

Weren't we going the Great Toltecah though? if so that name can be used for one of the artifacts it produces

15. Carloso

Carloso Warlord

Oh yeah. I'm looking through the asset files of civ 5 but can't find a promotion which allows a unit to start a golden age. Any idea how I could give the Toltecah its ability?

16. Leugi

Leugi Supreme Libertador

Oh, its no promotion, just add <GoldenAgeTurns>8</GoldenAgeturns> (that's the artist number of turns) in the <Units> part.

17. Carloso

Carloso Warlord

Any one have a list of names for the Great Toltecah.

They work fine so far though they are basically equivalent to the Great Engineer early on in the game Later on however they will produce only half of the Great Engineers output.

Any idea for icon art for the unit?

18. Carloso

Carloso Warlord

Anyidea what I should use:

I've used RESOURCE_ARTIFACTS and GREAT_WORK_ARTIFACTS but that didn't work. What could work?

19. miroli

miroli Chieftain

Espectacular trabajo, mil gracias! Todas estas civilizaciones que nunca estan en los juegos, nos da mas sentido de pertenencia y hacen mas entretenido el juego

Si puedo hacer una sugerencia, como ya dijeron, San Martin creo que es el lider que a todos les agradaria tener, y creo que hay otros mas imparciales o que pueden despertar menos controversia que Evita, como Mariano Moreno, Juan Jose Castelli, Manuel Belgrano o Justo Jose de Urquiza.

De todas formas, es solo una sugerencia, muchas gracias por este gran trabajo!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wonderful job, thanks a lot! All these civilizations that are never in the games, give us a feeling from where we belong and make the game more enjoyable

If I can make a suggestion, as others already said, San Martin is the leader that every Argentinian would like to have, and I think there are other more impartial or that can make less controversy than Evita, like Mariano Moreno, Juan Jose Castelli, Manuel Belgrano or Justo Jose de Urquiza

Anyway, just a suggestion, thanks a lot for this awesome work!

20. Viregel

Viregel , The Rt. Hon.

I'm not Argentine, but admittedly I like Eva as the leader. :p I can see the argument for San Martin though.