1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by Leugi, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Leugi

Leugi Supreme Libertador

To be fair... I was also a bit tired of making Libertadores (fancy colonial military coat gets boring after a while hehe), and also wanted a good Female leader option... Then there was this guy suggesting Evita all over the forums before BNW was released.

BTW... And talking of Argentina, there may be some updates before the end of this month, and some releases afterwards :D ... Also, my list actually has 45 civs in total, not 39. :p (and I'm not telling you which re the rest of the 6)

@Carloso: Where are you trying to use that?

2. Reedstilt

Reedstilt Prince

Since Ce Acatl uses his Trecena Day Sign as a name, you could keep that theme going. Ocelotl comes after Acatl, and I started counting from there. Technically you could mix and match any number (Ce through Mahtactli Omei, 1-13) with any of the day sign names (Cipactli through Xochitl). I included Spies / Diplomats here as well, but I wasn't sure how many were needed.

Ce Ocelotl
    Ome Cuauhtli
    Yei Cozcacuauhtli
    Nahui Ollin
    Maculli Tecpatl
    Chicuace Quiyahuitl
    Chicome Xochitl
    Chicuei Cipactli
    Chiconahui Ehecatl
    Mahtlactli Calli
    Mahtactli Once Cuetzpalin
    Mahtactli Omome Coatl
    Mahtactli Omei Miquiztli
    Ce Mazatl
    Ome Tochtli
    Yei Atl
    Nahui Itzcuintli
    Maculli Ozomatli
    Chicuace Malinalli
    Chicome Acatl

Spies / Diplomats:
    Chicuei Ocelotl
    Chiconahui Cauahtli
    Mahtlactli Cozcacuauhtli
    Mahtlactli Once Ollin
    Mahtactli Omome Tecpatl
    Mahtactli Omei Quiyahuitl
    Ce Xochitl
    Ome Cipactli
    [...]

3. Homusubi

Homusubi Lafcadio Hearn Wannabe

Reedstilt can count in Toltec...

4. Carloso

Carloso Warlord

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <!-- Created by ModBuddy on 7/24/2013 8:55:17 AM -->
    <GameData>
    	<GreatWorks>
    		<Row>
    			<Type>GREAT_WORK_CHACMOOL_01</Type>
    			<GreatWorkClassType>GREAT_WORK_ARTIFACTS</GreatWorkClassType>
    			<Description>TXT_KEY_GREAT_WORK_CHACMOOL_01</Description>
    			<Audio></Audio>
    			<Image></Image>
    		</Row>

<Row>
    			<Type>GREAT_WORK_TEMIMILIUHQUI_02</Type>
    			<GreatWorkClassType>GREAT_WORK_ARTIFACTS</GreatWorkClassType>
    			<Description>TXT_KEY_GREAT_WORK_TEMIMILIUHQUI_02</Description>
    			<Audio></Audio>
    			<Image></Image>
    		</Row>
    	</GreatWorks>
    	<Language_en_US>
    		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_GREAT_WORK_CHACMOOL_01">
    			<Text>Ce Ocelotl</Text>
    		</Row>
    		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_GREAT_NAME_CHACMOOL_01">
    			<Text>Chacmool</Text>
    		</Row>

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_GREAT_WORK_TEMIMILIUHQUI_02">
    			<Text>Ome Cuauhtli</Text>
    		</Row>
    		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_GREAT_NAME_TEMIMILIUHQUI_02">
    			<Text>Temimiliuhqui</Text>
    		</Row>
    	</Language_en_US>
    </GameData>

5. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

This will soon be a moot point as it turns out, apparently I'm getting a new computer with a graphics card that will probably be able to handle Direct X 11.

6. miroli

miroli Chieftain

Thanks! Keep on with your great work!

An idea I had, don't know how hard is to do it, would be to add Latinamerican wonders like Glaciar Perito Moreno, Lago Titicaca, Cataratas de Iguazu, Desierto de Atacama, Islas Galapagos, Salto Angel, and so

7. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

I believe in that case it is GREAT_WORK_ART_ARTIFACT, or something like that. At least that's what the GW slot is, might be different for the Great work itself though

8. Carloso

Carloso Warlord

Nah, its not that.

9. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

10. SargontheGreat2

SargontheGreat2 Modder

So,how are the Uru going?

11. Carloso

Carloso Warlord

It kind of worked. It show itself as a great work of art though.

12. Leugi

Leugi Supreme Libertador

I haven't had much chance to work on the Uru yet because of university, two secret civs, and internship, but the ideas are already being worked on.

Artifacts are exaclty like Great Works of Art technically, they just don't have an splahs image ingame... However, ours have to have some, so we now need 20 good Toltec artifacts (The atlantean columns count)

13. Carloso

Carloso Warlord

I currently have 2: The Chacmool and that Atlantean thingy in the game and they are assigned to their specific great toltecahs.

EDIT: Ha, just made another one based of this creepy guy: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mictlantecuhtli

14. Beefie

Beefie Warlord

They always say, "If you want something done, ask a busy person". I look forward to your next release.

Thought up some ideas for a puppet/domination/tourism civ (swiping an idea from Scapegrace's and TPangolin discussion on the Zimbabwe in his thread) and think it might work well with a Teotihuacan civ:

Teotihuacan
    Jatz’om Kuh (Spear-Thrower Owl)
    UA – Avenue of the Dead: Domestic Trade Routes originating from a puppeted City generate Gold equal to their food or production. Receive the conquest bonuses of Tourism one level earlier.

UU – Nahualli: Replaces Warrior. On creation receives one of three promotions:
    • Eagle – +1 Sight range
    • Coyote - +1 movement
    • Feathered Serpent - +15% Attack

UB – Sun Pyramid: Replaces Coliseum . Maintenance free, produces +2 Tourism against civs you are at war against.

I like the synergy of a fat capital supported by it's vassals, able to fund a strong army without relying on International Trade Routes or being hampered by happiness which can then add greater cities to your collection from the tourism bonuses which then support your capital......

15. Reedstilt

Reedstilt Prince

That guy is an Aztec piece. This guy is Toltec. As is this guy.

I've been trying to find a good selection of Toltec art, but haven't finished it yet. Hit a snag when I found out Cacaxtla wasn't originally a Toltec city, so I'm not sure if the murals can be counted as Toltec art.

16. ubergeneral

ubergeneral Warlord

close enough. It became toltec art after they conquered it.

17. Leugi

Leugi Supreme Libertador

I don't suppose we could include it anyway? Its not like we have any other mesoamerican unit making artifacts, so it would grant variety. (Like Libertadores not being precisely colombian)

18. Carloso

Carloso Warlord

What colour scheme are we going for the Toltecs?

19. Nickel_lion

Nickel_lion Warlord

Thanks for your time and effort. What about making a Caribbean civ: e.g. Los Caribes? It may be a sea-biased one. With brave Cacique Güaicaipuro as their leader... You could include buildings like the Palafito (It may yield :c5production: and :c5food: It maybe constructed on terrain adyacent to fresh water)

One more thing: I LOVE the Tupi Civilization... I saw the screenshots and I'm curious: I saw a leaf in the religion icon, what's the religion there?

PS: I have another civ. Idea: what about creating Venezuela as a Civ?

SOME SUGGESTIONS:

> Leader: Rómulo Betancourt (credited as the Founding Father of Venezuela's democracy) OR José Antonio Páez (The guy whose heroic deeds were decisive for Venezuela's independence)

> UA - Joropo: (Something like BNW Brazil Carnival) OR Natural Destinations: worked Natural Wonders provide more :c5happy:, maybe +2:c5gold: or even yields/gives raw :tourism: (like BNW Eiffel Tower), OR alternatively to that, perhaps each Natural Wonder add +10% :tourism: output after researching Radio OR even all of these combined :)c5happy:+:c5gold:+:tourism: plus the Natural Wonders normal output). (You know, since Venezuela has wonderful Natural Monuments that attrack lots of tourists yearly: Salto Ángel, Orinoco River, El Pico Bolívar, Catatumbo Lightning, Los Roques Island, la Gran Sabana, or Canaima National Park, etc)

> UU - Centauro Llanero: (A unit exactly like Gran Colombia's Llanero, but stronger, or gain bonus attack, or experience, if defending territory)

> UI - Refinería/Oil Refinery OR Oil Fields: Double improved Oil resources + 1:c5culture: or +1 :c5production: or, why not, 1:c5science: in worked oil resources (Since Venezuela is LA oil production powerhouse and -according to estimates, has the biggest oil reserves in the world)

> Tentative Color Schemes: red wine and yellow // red wine and blue.

In this sense, this Civ. could not be biased to any especific kind of victory, so the player has more freedom to choose the one he feels more comfortable to play with.

Thanks again.

20. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

Weren't the Arawak meant to represent the Caribs?