Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas

Arawaks represent the Taino, the Caribs(will call them Kalinago) actually were huge enemies of the Taíno, so grouping them would be very wrong.

I haven't read the entire comment section, and excuse me if someone already covered this.
Is Uruguay going to be a civilization?
Please!?
I think what you're doing is fascinating and your efforts is paying off.
I LOVE IT.
Oh, and if Uruguay isn't going to be on there. Can it at least have a voice?
Perhaps make it a city-state.
Just a suggestion.
Kind Regards!

Arawaks represent the Taino, the Caribs(will call them Kalinago) actually were huge enemies of the Taíno, so grouping them would be very wrong.

And what about the suggestion of a Venezuelan Civ??

:(

I believe it will not be that hard to make, since you will just add some minor modifications to existing units/improvements (Llanero/Oil Well maybe with extra oil containers)

If I knew how to make MODs I'd do it myself... :(

For the custom music, you could use this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxz8wcpIqKM OR this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTvByIELkJA

For a war theme (MAYBE, I couldn't find a better option) this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kIeTeQGKqU

I can also give you the list of Venezuelan cities in orden of importance.

Thanks a lot.

For now, Luegi will Finish up South America, but he might come back when NA is finished

Thanks. Please convince (and maybe help) him to work on Venezuela as long as he can.

:D

I already offered some suggestions and I'm eager to provide more as needed.

I love your work, guys. I really wish I could contribute more to it.

I haven't read the entire comment section, and excuse me if someone already covered this.
Is Uruguay going to be a civilization?
Please!?
I think what you're doing is fascinating and your efforts is paying off.
I LOVE IT.
Oh, and if Uruguay isn't going to be on there. Can it at least have a voice?
Perhaps make it a city-state.
Just a suggestion.
Kind Regards!

Isn't Montevideo already a city-state?

It is in this mod, yes, it replaces Buenos Aires. As for Venezuela, simply doing minor modifications to existing assets is really lame, I'd rather make a full blown unique civ. Not that I have any say in the matter...

It is in this mod, yes, it replaces Buenos Aires. As for Venezuela, simply doing minor modifications to existing assets is really lame, I'd rather make a full blown unique civ. Not that I have any say in the matter...

Yet the attributions to those minnor modifications could be the difference, and of real value. Many other MOD's use slight modifications of existing assests.

Venezuela and Ecuador are both part of Gran Colombia, I don't see the point of splitting that civ.

Well, to be fair, there are plenty of mods that are literally the same civ/nation just under different time periods. I think its understandable to want separate mods for civs that are separate nations today, even if they weren't at one point. (Even if I personally wouldn't use it, as I stick to one version of a civ in my games and I love Gran Colombia too much).

well. First, yeah Bolivia and Perú were not part of the Gran Colombia... and although both of them joined in the Confederation, the first union lasted even less and was more unsuccessful than the Gran Colombia...

However, the reason for not doing a Colombia split yet is because I have yet to think of great enough gameplay differences... and, to be fair, the current build represents Venezuela more than Colombia culturally so I'd actually need modern Colombian suggestions.

and, to be fair, the current build represents Venezuela more than Colombia culturally so I'd actually need modern Colombian suggestions.

well, then tell me, please, how to change the names of the cities, not IN game, but actually as default.

I do not want to begin with Bogota everytime I start a game with this Civ... :| And change the name of each new city I found. :|

And factually, they were part of La Gran Colombia.

Hi! I was directed here by TPangolin for my idea of a Sauk-Mesquakie/Sac-Fox Native American Civ. I thought maybe something kind of like Austria's or Venice's UA because the Sac and Fox tribes merged? I just thought since they lived in my area of the U.S, it would be cool to play as them. Here's what I have so far for ideas if you want:

Sauk/Mesquakie:
Colors: Red-Green/Yellow (Red/Green is on the official website, and the Sauk were "People of the Yellow Earth")
Leader: Taimah/Keokuk
Capital: Saukenuk
UA: (People of the Red/Yellow Earth) ??? Everywhere I go I hear about their "rich culture" but not much else. =/
UU: Possibly a Worker that can also settle cities, but with some exception like Spain's Conquistador.
UB: ??? Again, nothing could be found.

Trying my hardest to find more info, but I'm fine if you don't want to do this suggestion. Even so, thank you for taking the time to read this! Have a good day!

Okay, Moose, this is what I've been able to come up with.

Meskwaki (Poweshiek)
Start Bias: Grassland
UA: One Drink More From The Old Spring
Landmarks generate +1 :c5gold: Gold per Era in addition to their Culture output. Bonuses to :tourism: Tourism output from having Open Borders with another Civilisation are doubled.
UU: Black Hawk Warrior (replaces Musketeer)
May settle a city on any Grassland tile with a River. These Cities start with a Monument (or other free Culture building if the Tradition finisher is still active).
UB: Annuity Office (replaces Bank)
+2 :c5gold: Gold, +25% :c5gold: Gold, +1 :c5greatperson: Great Merchant slot. +5% :c5production: Civilian Unit Production bonus every time the Civilisation enters a new era.

I based all this on the more recent history of the Iowa Meskwaki nation, concentrating mostly on their forced removal from the Great Lakes to Iowa after the Black Hawk War went south and the events that followed shortly thereafter. Going through the history section of the nation's website, one thing that struck me was that they hammered out a deal with the US government to provide them with a $50,000 annuity and got the thieving buggers to cough up the cash, despite this being a period of history where the Meskwaki had about the same rights as a tumbleweed. This is where the UA name comes from, too; apparently, when they were first moved, a Meskwaki woman cried from the trail "Oh, let me have one drink more from the old spring". It's a powerful mental image, conjuring up a people overrun with despair, and the idea of them rising again - not by force of arms, but through prosperity and cultural union - really speaks to me. Hopefully they're not OP, either. =]

Top Bottom