Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas

I think thats Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack. Almost every mod by JFD, Leugi, Tomatekh and the Colonist Legacies Mods have built in TSLs or patches for TSLs. Theres one for Leugi's on the OP.

It's a heavily modified conversion of Rhye's old civ 4 Earth map.

It's a heavily modified conversion of Rhye's old civ 4 Earth map.

Hmm...I've been wondering about something. What happens on maps like this when there are two or more civs that start very close to each other? Or even on the same tile? Considering the number of modded civs in existence by now, it seems very likely to happen...

I had a game where I mistakenly put Rome/Tuscany/Venice and Austria/Hungary in, on the Giant Earth from YnaEMP and Rome (me), Venice and Hungary (before Austria to get around the black-leader-screen issue if you use a custom civ past 22) placed their capitals, but there wasn't enough room for Tuscany or Austria, and instead of moving away to find a spot to found a city, they just sat there. Took both their settlers and eliminated them within the first twenty turns before giving up on the game to reroll with different civs that wouldn't overlap. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be like that or if other mods I had active affected their ability to pick a different spot, but that's my experience with it.

But anyways, how are the mods coming Leugi? You've got the Uru, the Inuit, I believe you were helping with the CL Zapotecs, and of course there's Olmec (?), Arawak, Taino, and all the NA cultures you planned on representing at some point as well.

I had a game where I mistakenly put Rome/Tuscany/Venice and Austria/Hungary in, on the Giant Earth from YnaEMP and Rome (me), Venice and Hungary (before Austria to get around the black-leader-screen issue if you use a custom civ past 22) placed their capitals, but there wasn't enough room for Tuscany or Austria, and instead of moving away to find a spot to found a city, they just sat there. Took both their settlers and eliminated them within the first twenty turns before giving up on the game to reroll with different civs that wouldn't overlap. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be like that or if other mods I had active affected their ability to pick a different spot, but that's my experience with it.
I've had the same problem with the Aztecs and Mexico (I believe the Colonial Legacies Mexico). They apparently spawn so close together that they run into trouble when trying to settle as well.

I haven't encountered the Austria/Hungary issue, though.

If you settle near a city-state that hasn't settled yet (iI did this with Lithuania in the Mediaeval Era) it runs around aimlessly or embark and sail around until they are killed by barbs or you.

Just like real life.

Isn't that generic behavior for the AI? If they can't settle straight away, they just sit there like idiots.
Well, in all the games I've played, Mexico usually settles their city first and the Aztecs will eventually move and use their settler when Mexico acquires the tile that the Aztec settler is on and it's forced to move.

If you settle near a city-state that hasn't settled yet (iI did this with Lithuania in the Mediaeval Era) it runs around aimlessly or embark and sail around until they are killed by barbs or you.

Just like real life.

Sometimes it settles if it gets out of a certain range of your city, or within range of a viable spot, I suppose.

Hi Leugi. I'm playing as Tiwanaku and also have whoward's newest dll mod active.

This mod does enable true religious unit override without the lua hacks you needed to replace the missionary with the Sesqino. Unfortunately as it stands now, there is a conflict that prevents you from buying sesqinos as they don't even appear in the list of purshasable units in city view after you found a religion if both mods are active.

Did you use any hacks besides the lua override script (in order to change the name to sesqino in the city view)? I tried disabling the override script but i still can't buy them. The xml definitions for custom units are similar to what whoward did in his "Clans of Morindim" civilization so i don't really see what's causing the issue.

Edit : Forget this. I found out what was wrong. Sesqino was missing faith cost.
Code:
<GameData>

<Units>

<Row>
			<Class>UNITCLASS_MISSIONARY</Class>
			<Type>UNIT_KALLAWAYA</Type>
			<Cost>-1</Cost>
			<FaithCost>200</FaithCost> <!-- This was added for compatibility with whoward dll mod -->
I'm now able to purshase them and with the lua override disabled (i commented it's line in the mod definition file), they still appear as sisqenos and not missionaries. Probably won't hurt if the script is left running so the above would be all that has to be changed to have them compatible with whoward's dll mod.

Bug squashing stage 2

I was wondering why no CS would turn over after being allied and with my religion for a loooong time (everybody is renaissance now) so i fired firetuner (didn't even attempt to make this sound like a joke). After hitting next turn i didn't see any message from the influence script, but got a whole bunch of those
Code:
Runtime Error: E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Tiwanaku Civilization (v 1)\Lua/FreeShrineScript.lua:38: attempt to concatenate local 't' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Tiwanaku Civilization (v 1)\Lua/FreeShrineScript.lua:38: in function <E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Tiwanaku Civilization (v 1)\Lua/FreeShrineScript.lua:33>
And sure enough, line 38 is the only place where you didn't check for t ~= nil. As Murphy would say: if it can do wrong, it will ;)
I don't really know what those concatenations are doing, but replacing line 38 with
Code:
	if t ~= nil then
		local iTech = GameInfoTypes["" .. t .. ""]
	end
removed the errors. Now i can see the output of the influence script in the console, but i also uncommented the missionary script so i'm not sure what caused the issue. Maybe commenting the line referencing the missionary override script in the modinfo file caused the issue with CS (it's a rather ugly hack) or maybe all those nil errors were related.

Edit 3 : the revenge of the bug
But then, if i start a new game with the change i suggested, the free shrine is added in cap before i research Pottery, and now i'm lost as this is just a sanity check and shouldn't change the result of the script, just avoid a nil value error...
Now, i really have a hard time understanding someone else's code ... :blush:

Edit 3 : Gotcha (or so i hope)
This one seems to be working correctly, no nil error output and shrine is only added after Pottery is researched.
I simply moved 3 variables definition inside the existing if block (they are not needed anyway if b or t are nil). Also that if block had t ~=nil rather than t ~= nil (without a space), might be why it was evaluated even if t was nil and only the concatenation error prevented the free shrine from being added.
Code:
function TraitFreeBT(iPlayer)
	local player = Players[iPlayer];
	local numBuilds = GetNumFreeBuildingonTech(player);
	local b = GetFreeBuilding(player);
	local t = GetFreeBuildingTechPrereq(player);
	if b ~= nil and t ~= nil then
		local iTech = GameInfoTypes["" .. t .. ""]
		local teamID = player:GetTeam();
		local pTeam = Teams[teamID];
		if numBuilds == -1 then
			if (pTeam:IsHasTech(iTech)) then
				for pCity in player:Cities() do
					print ("Condition 1");
					pCity:SetNumRealBuilding(GameInfoTypes["" .. b .. ""], 1)
				end
			end
		elseif (player:GetNumCities() == numBuilds) then
					print ("Condition 2");
				end
			end
		elseif (player:GetNumCities() < numBuilds) then
					print ("Condition 3");
					print (t);
					print (iTech);
					GameEvents.PlayerCityFounded.Add(OnCityFoundCheck);
				end
			end
		elseif (player:GetNumCities() > numBuilds) then
					print ("Condition 4");
					local i = player:CountNumBuildings(GameInfoTypes["" .. b .. ""])
					if i < numBuilds then
						local i = player:CountNumBuildings(GameInfoTypes["" .. b .. ""])
					end
				end
			end
		end
	end
end

Thanks lots Mr Bob. Will make sure your changes be part of Tiwanaku's next update.

Sorry for the lack of everything people, uni and work have been a pain lately. But, as soon as I manage to get some actual free time, you'll see lots of updates and civs coming, :D

While we are talking Tiwanaku. I've just got a CTD upon accepting a CS to join the empire. Here is the end of my Lua log
Code:
[4202.531] FreeShrineScript: Condition 4
[4202.531] TiwaDialog: Minor civ has been a continuos religious ally for:
[4202.531] TiwaDialog: 20
[4202.531] TiwaDialog: Minor Civ has met the turn requirement.
[4203.609] TurnProcessing: Hiding TurnProcessing
[4288.375] TiwaDialog: Ur
[4288.375] TiwaDialog: Urmarka
So it occured after the name changing part. Don't know if another log can help you.
Also, i noticed with a previous join that unlike Austria and Venice, Tiwanaku does not keep the units of the CS. Is this the intended behaviour?

Oh, also, do you know whether there are some invisible buildings used to help CS badly placed on the maps that would be hidden even in fire-tuner? I ask because

Welcome back Leugi! You were about to be dethroned from your position of having the largest thread by Colonist Legacies, you couldn't let them take the title, eh? :D

Nice to see you back Leugi! Hopefully we can get the Toltecs done soon. :D

Welcome back Leugi! You were about to be dethroned from your position of having the largest thread by Colonist Legacies, you couldn't let them take the title, eh? :D

It's inevitable! Submit to your Colonial overlords!

Never! The Freedom of the New World is the Hope of the Universe, and as such we won't ever submit to the colonial oppresion of powers again. Our forefathers didn't die fighting for this thread just to let the colonist take the prime position in the world!
Spoiler :
:p
Spoiler :
I always wanted to quote Simón Bolivar somewhere. :D

Viva la Resistance!

Can't we all just get al-

*is shot, stabbed, blown to bits, and so on by the various uniques of both mod packs*

Top Bottom