Patria Infinita: Leugi’s Sponsors

I don't know, the concept of the Eighth Fire you showed isn't really that similar ingame terms. You can change it if you wish, but I have no personal issues with it :) . And the colors... Damn, yeah they are similar, it'd be worth it to check them ingame I guess.

Essentially the EF's colours are halfway between the Vesperian Confederacy and the Caribbean Axis - I'll need to find some other Light-on-dark alternatives :)

Never fear, Comandante is here. We need a Comandante unit to roam the map with. :p

:p ... Well, Garrisoned units do grant production, so its sort of similar :mischief:

At any rate, thanks to the lore the Caribbean Axis isn't only tropico in space hehe. The Caribbean revolution led by the Gonzales family was actually quite nice and managed to bring some prosperity to the Caribbean after the great mistake. It's fun writing these stuff up.

BTW, I have some concerns of how powerful or not is getting a free Affinity level on conquest. If any of you guys finds it too powerful after playing please do share.

Viva Caribbea libre! Viva la reina de la revolucion! Viva Gonzalez! VIVA GONZALEZ!

(Are YOU a REBEL?)

Seriously though, that's an awesome concept and I can't wait to see her in action. Also I can't wait to see her kick seven kinds of hell out of Fielding in the name of the People. With chaps like her, the word People is always capitalised.

Always.

Patria infinite, Caribbean axis?
Sounds very... militant
And a scary after that post...

I like exaggerating ideologies, the Americas are always full of that hehe. As you can see, the Abya Yala Expedition is also an exaggerated indigenist-ecologist faction; just like the Caribbean is an exaggerated Cuban revolution. Doesn't mean I fully agree with their ideals though :p

An affinity level per city captured is far too strong, particularly during the midgame when city capturing first becomes an option. The primary reason is that affinities rapidly accelerate the power of your military with the side benefit of enabling victory conditions. There is the extra flexibility from the fact you are using player:ChangeNumFreeAffinityLevels, which means I have to option to upgrade my battlesuit or slide over and nab free-roads/mag-levs when I conquer a city.

My feedback is to make it a flat-bonus on capture, like 20 exp to the dominant affinity, or make it a free-level on annexing a city. I would have to investigate to see whether there are any appropriate listeners you can take advantage of for that, but I'm certain it could be done through OnGameDataChange at least.

Currently JFD's Space Pope gains you points towards a certain Affinity - perhaps a modified version of that code could be utilized.

Your mod looks great. One thing tho. I think Gonzalez's Harmony appearances could be a bit more dramatic. Especially with the color of her shirt and pants. Other than that awesome mod.

Maybe a free Affinity level per conquered Capital?

I think that setting it to add points to the preferred Affinity will do (you'll most likely have a preferred affinity when conquering cities anyway)... So I'll be updating that soonish.

The next sponsor will not be localized BTW (so not a region of earth going beyond earth), but if you guys want to try guessing its characteristics, this is their UA: Has a chance of controlling alien units after defeating them. Earn science from killing alien units.

The Caribbean Axis special power could be changed to :

Culture Assimilation
When capturing cities, gain experience in affinities proportionally to the city size and affinity level of the captured city.

The formula could look like:
For each affinity, take the enemy's affinity level, divide by 10 and multiply by the city size.

This would give plenty of affinity points, but likely fewer in your chosen affinity.

Love the Caribbean Axis, Leugi. I agree though the UA is way overpowered, still, a lot of fun when rolling through cities to see your troops mutate into alien monsters, as you get closer to their capital.

I photobashed Chloe Frazer on your leaderscene to give her less of an angry look and more a suave one , as she seems to be from a long tradition of leaders who got to their spots through sheer magnetic charisma alone.

Works pretty well.

Again, great job, can’t wait for the next balance and lore update to the caribbean axis !

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 307
  • gonzales_level_1.dds.zip
    388.9 KB · Views: 158
Love the Caribbean Axis, Leugi. I agree though the UA is way overpowered, still, a lot of fun when rolling through cities to see your troops mutate into alien monsters, as you get closer to their capital.

I photobashed Chloe Frazer on your leaderscene to give her less of an angry look and more a suave one , as she seems to be from a long tradition of leaders who got to their spots through sheer magnetic charisma alone.

Works pretty well.

Again, great job, can’t wait for the next balance and lore update to the caribbean axis !

I just have to say, aside from the fact that I really like the concepts behind your civs so far Leugi, I really like the look of this version of Chloe. It has a bit more of a 'painted' look then your version, but I agree that with mateba that it does do a better job of painting her as a charismatic figure, while also possibly hiding some more sinister goals behind that look (depending on what affinity TCA rolls). The outfit also already looks a bit 'painted' as well, and the head meshes better with that in comparison (though I do like the current one, too!).

But yeah, that's my thoughts on that, haha. Keep up the good work Leugi, you always do some pretty cool stuff with your civs.

communism? space communism? space communism with lasers? space laser communism lead by a woman?

it's everything i've ever wanted and more; communism is weirdly underrepresented in most sponsors and space laser communism lead by a woman more than fills that gap. i love everything about these mods

I just have to say, aside from the fact that I really like the concepts behind your civs so far Leugi, I really like the look of this version of Chloe. It has a bit more of a 'painted' look then your version, but I agree that with mateba that it does do a better job of painting her as a charismatic figure, while also possibly hiding some more sinister goals behind that look (depending on what affinity TCA rolls). The outfit also already looks a bit 'painted' as well, and the head meshes better with that in comparison (though I do like the current one, too!)..

Well, Inawordyes, I was screwing around with Leugi's dds files and here's me having fun with harmony lv2.

I should probably commit to this and do purity and supremacy, uh....

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 336
I really like your base leader graphic, mateba, but that lvl 2 Harmony is way too creepy. Her face is melting off! :eek:

Please try to keep her sexiness. :p

As for the Caribbean Axis itself, I believe it's great. A couple of tidbits, however:
- Haven't read the lore, but I hope there's a twist beyond "female Che Guevara". Going down a charismatic route as opposed to that of a simple aggressive revolutionary is a good start.
- Given Gonzales' outfit and the general guerrilla feel, red on green might be a better colour scheme choice than blue on red.

Call me biased, but I personally prefer my leaderscene. Surely you guys have seen how "charismatic" leaders tend to look in Latin America :p , not always very attractive, but still strong. People are free to download Mateba's work though.

@Lord Shadow: Gonzales I (her grandfather) was more like a Che revival guy, militaristic revolution with propagand and such, and is responsible for the initial expansion and creation of the Caribbean Axis. Gonzales II was a bit less military centered, adding some importance to education, still a education focused on subversion against the global system.

Gonzales III is quite a reformant on that matter. She keeps following the ideals of revolution (she even created the concept of Eternal Revolution) but also worked on giving stability to the Axis itself, in almost all possible ways. So yeah she's very charismatic and beloved by her people.

The Blue/Red scheme is for a fairly obvious reason. Almost all Caribbean countries got at least one of those colors, if not both. A union of the Caribbean would have probably gotten such colors politically regardless of the guerrill feeling.

I'm at a crossroads here, on one hand, mateba's leaderscreen does look prettier, on the other hand, Leugi's looks more, I dunno, natural.

I think I agree with Leugi here, Mateba's looks more like how Hollywood would portray a latino leader, while Leugi's closer to how a Latin American would portray a Latino leader, she looks harsher but, then again, so do actual leaders.

I wouldn't say she's pure Che Guevara, she's showing plenty of Chaves influence there, I'm not so sure about the Evita part as Leugi described her, but I'm certainly feeling the chavism, so to say. :crazyeye:

Yeah, it's the general Latin American revolutionary stereotype, but seen from a Latin American point of view, which is slightly different from the pop culture portrayal since the effects of their actions were much closer to us. I mean, Che Guevara spent his last days in Bolivia after all and he wasn't exactly a welcome figure there. For all the idealization of his figure he was pretty... brutal.

Anyways, this may not be the place nor the moment to discuss that, so tangent's over.

So yeah, Space Communists, courtesy of Cuba, that's something you don't see everyday. :D

Top Bottom