1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Patronage changes

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Civsassin, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Civsassin

Civsassin Immortal

I've read a few threads on SP changes, but I don't believe any of them addressed changes to Patronage. I am a big fan of the SP because I am very economy focused, but my strategy will have to change significantly. With a more quest focused CS ally game, I suspect that Patronage will have to change to accomodate. Does anyone remember if anything was mentioned about changes to Patronage?

2. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

Very good question. I would like to know too. I tend to finish a policy tree in multiplayer before I get to rationalism and have enough culture to get 2 policies in a different tree before I get and focus entirely on rationalism. Some games in multi I focus on gold-mongering too and would go patronage with a broader goal of a "Diplomatic Victory"

3. Civsassin

Civsassin Immortal

Another way I use Patronage is for the science boost for each CS you ally. I don't like to go down Rationalism each and every time, and I find that through Immortal, I can either keep or outpace the AI in research by employing an economy heavy strategy and lots of CS allies. I don't suspect that it will change, but the SP that makes cash payments more effective may.