Patterns

Kyriakos

Creator
Maybe we can have a pattern-based quiz?

In the following, you have to find why the pictures on the left are a different group from those in the right.

The above is from a relatively famous book. The common trait in all the patterns in that book is that they are actually very easy to see, but problems can arise due to not instantly knowing which information is relevant.

If there is interest, you can post your own after a solution has been found.

Any guesses? This is (once again) a conjunction (in the first quiz it was black^same size ≠ black^different size), although with three parts instead of two.
It would be nice if this doesn't die immediately, but I tried :)

Spoiler :
Number of white pieces on the left is <3, on the right >=3

Damn. This is true - but wasn't my intention!
It would have been remedied by just having one of the white pieces on the left be at least three :)
If you can't think of another solution I will post the one in a couple of minutes (also rework this one :D )

Ok, @red_elk , the gist of the (intended!) solution was similar:
-you can note that each box has groups of figures by proximity, taking that into account to separate the figures in each box to two groups:
Left: The subgroup in each box with the most black figures includes also an equal or larger number of white figures than the other sugroup.
Right: The subgroup with most black figures includes a smaller number of white figures.

Top Bottom