pause key?

For when your wife demands your attrention in the middle of an AI attack:D

LOL, honestly.

What's there to pause, it's not like everyone is constantly moving. On your turn, if you don't move, nothing happens at all. That's as close to a pause as there is.

It's a turn based game where each game turn represent from 50 to 1 year of time. It is not a RTS. And the end year is 2050, however, you can still play beyond that date just no score.

Originally posted by Moulton
For when your wife demands your attrention in the middle of an AI attack:D

i need a pause key too... seems like my wife is just waiting for me to hit the end turn buttom then i miss the inbetween turn action.

dutcheese

Yep. My wife thinks gaming is a waste of time. Watching TV is OK, or course.
:D
I havent decided if she really thinks I can safely turn my attention from the game at EOT, or deliberately interferes. In RolePlay games, she invariably wants my attention in the middle of a fight--when I cannot turn away unless I just quit and restart..

Once, when I was playing Pirates -- remember that? -- I tried the ^B key to see if it would pause and hide the screen -- the 'boss' key, which i had heard some games had.
They said, "we are a serious game company, but we believe you should not play games as work, so there is no boss key..."

I know it's off topic, but I just had to comment. My wife was also very upset about my gamming. We even went to a marriage counselor. So I finally asked after she complained about my computer games; "Would it be different if I was out bowling, fishing, drinking, or even watching TV instead of the games?" She couldn't anser this question. So I continued; "Therefore are you upset because I'm doing something I really enjoy and you hate to see that, or is it that you need my company for your enjoyment?" The s*** really hit the fan after that one. I then backed off and made nice. We finally reached a written contract about the amout of time I can spend gamming.

lol... sounds like the same thing my wife and I went/go through.

ended up getting my wife her own computer and we have them both in the living room watching tv playing and talking. she just loves those yahoo games.

dutcheese

I only play 'after hours' now. I think it is a left over concept from the Puritan ethics---that anything that is fun must be evil. :D
My dad would not go to football games when I was in high school. He would not actually say they were evil, but he just would not do anything purely for fun.

Originally posted by oldlamer
Well, how come we have a limited time then? From 4K bc till 2200+ a.d.?

Heh, Do YOU have 6000 years to play one game? :) (You said Civ is RTS)

Originally posted by dutcheese
i need a pause key too...
dutcheese

I haven't tried this yet, but what about hitting the [Esc] button during the AI action? Then, when you're ready to return, just say "No" when it asks if you want to quit.

Like I said, I haven't tried it yet -- it may be that the program doesn't allow anything to pause or halt the game during the AI turn.

Top Bottom