Pax Romana

You know we'll be here V. We've been here the whole time and we aren't leaving anytime soon.

I feel guilty as hell
Don't.

I've have to make it my business to get more social as I was becoming a bit of a troll - chuckle.
:lol: I don't know if that's a determination for more writing here at CivFan or being social as in visiting those alleged human beings who live outside of the internet.

I guess this is just a short post to let you all know that I haven't given up on the dream that is Rome - and neither should any of you.

Yay! I'm new to this thread (still catching up on my reading). But I think we can safely think of Pax Romana as being like a favorite tv show on a summer hiatus. You're Lost or Mad Men, rather than X-Files.

I just finished reading through it again. Still just as exciting and entertaining. We know you'll be back when you're ready V.

dang this sure is a looooooooooooong thread :D good job

Still on page 4, but what a great story! Keep it up! Just 119 pages to go!!

Ha! it's threads like this that convinced me to start posting a linked Table of Contents on the first page of my story thread. It's really hard for a reader trying figure out a "bookmarking" system for stories that run on for several pages (as most do).

Of course I don't think mine will ever run over a hundred pages. That's just nuts

Come on BuckyRea, you only have 95 more to go :lol:. But seriously, this is a good read if you can spare the time to do so. I'm on page 76, so I still have about 50 more to read :twitch:.

I can't believe I just read through that whole thing. After two years, and four attempts, I'm finally done. It was one of the finest pieces of literature I have ever had the pleasure of reading. I look forward to finally being able to read this in update form instead of archival, and hope you return soon. Thank you.

Yeah, have faith!

I still never got around to finishing this awesome epic novel, and was wondering if someone had a PDF or even a Word file of it which I could use (say on my Kindle for example), instead of relying on the forum.

Near the top of the page you'll find a drop-down called "Thread Tools". You can download the entire thread as a .txt document that you can open in Word or such.

Sol Invictus!

But, say for example, I just want to read the story without other users' posts. How would I go around accomplishing this, without manually copying/pasting from the thread or deleting users' posts in the Word file?

I have 230 pages of story only on PDF done. I will be working on more this week. I'm not sure how to make it available though...

I have 230 pages of story only on PDF done. I will be working on more this week. I'm not sure how to make it available though...

...1378 pages on pdf... phew...
the file is more than 7.5 Mb tho...
i am currently re-reading the whole story to make sure i didn't miss out some spots...

On the other hand, I wonder what wikileaks will say about all the hidden politics that have ruled the Roman world... :p

You included pictures, right? I mean the few that are in the thread, although there are no screenshots, that I know of.

no, just link to them, otherwise the document would be too heavy.
besides, the way i did it was to extract the whole thread in txt, so the pics are not there, only the links.

on word, it takes ~4.5 Mb w/o pictures.
converting to pdf jumped to 7.5... must be the converter i am using.

Why do you need a converter, don't you know that you can save in PDF format right on word?

Top Bottom