PBEM Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

France expresses its condolences for the Siamese Emperor, who has sought refuge in Paris. France offers to reinstate him as monarch of Siam should the French reconquer it.(subject to a French tax as well as contributing to the French Armed Forces, of course, in return).

I'm slightly annoyed that we aren't putting the AI on Admiral. This is the second AI nation to fall in one turn with hardly any effort. Siam utterly failed in its entire existence- to form a buffer between France and Britain.

Well, it´s in Commodore (just before Admiral) and highest agression level, what can i say, the AI is getting what it deserves :D, go get your share ;)!

RIP Siam, we will miss you (well not really no lol)

The harbor at Tunis is bombarded and remaining French vessels are sunk. Damaged ships steam east for repairs.

I believe the deadline is past...
This PBEM is amazing- the turns are agonizingly far apart, but at the same time it leaves time for lots of diplomacy behind the scenes. Thanks again Rick for setting this up:goodjob:

I believe the deadline is past...
This PBEM is amazing- the turns are agonizingly far apart, but at the same time it leaves time for lots of diplomacy behind the scenes. Thanks again Rick for setting this up:goodjob:

Well said Bengal this game is amazing and the diplomacy going back and forth and not just the war stuff but things like making a RoP deal or city trade make it even more realistic and fun to play. It would be better to have a faster turn around times on the turns. It always seems that I have lots of free time when waiting for my turn then when it gets close to my turn and right after my turn things in real life pick up and make it hard for me to give the game my full attention. I think I made a few mistakes last turn since I was in such a hurry to get it done and pass it on. I hope my time will be more free for the next round it looks like it will be a big turn.

Thanks again Rick for making this all happen!

I agree. It's actually a cool phenomenon and one that is appropriate to the era we are playing in. The time between turns is fairly close to the time in game. You can almost imagine the frantic international cables and debates in smokey drawing rooms among the Big Men, while steamships deliver troops to godforsaken colonies where they fester in malaria-infested trenches. :) If we were playing hotseat, it'd probably be 20 turns before people started negotiating, but it's cool how the events unfold almost in real time.

Even for those of us far from the action, it's been exciting to read about all the different aspects of the game. I think EJ would be happy to know that it is really a whole different game with shifty human opponents!

Diplomacy is certainly much more interesting with human players: With that said Russia declares war on Japan.

Spoiler :
not really but the marty pic has made me decide that if tokyo is ever russian i will rename it Lundqvist

The canucks lost:(...
It was a pretty good game though.

By the way, is there any rules about when "possession" of a city changes hands? Officially, is it when the deal is announced or when ot happens during the game?

Ty guys! I´m also surprised in the good way of how the game is turning out to be...

Update - Sent P@andora last minute mail to see if she plays it yet...

There is no rules regarding of how the trading of cities is conducted, it is only fair to players that WHEN it already occured it is announced so that players (and especially the host :D) can keep track of important events...

I hope the deal is fast if not I can just take Cayenne and gift it to Brazil, I have no desire to control Cayenne as well.

BT

If you are worried I will take Cayenne before you can trade, it would be a tall task on my part I just made that statement to give you a hard time. I do not have forces within range that I am willing to send to Cayenne. If Pandora does not play the turn you still have time to make the trade.:mischief:

P@ndora, Brazil GPS to Glasnot, Scandinavia

Offer for Cayenne as been made.

Update: Pandora as mailed me that she will play the turn today, if Glasnot is willing to wait, please consider my save a no go, and wait for Pandora´s play.

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but I wouldn't mind a new player. Viable positions are probably the Lowlands, China, Mexico, and Argentina. Of course, it's up to Rick if he wants to allow a formally AI controlled civ to change to human, but personally I don't see a problem.

Top Bottom