PBEM - Always Peace

Huge map, emporer :eek:
Still thinking about leader/civ :crazyeye:

What 1v1 game? Oh - you mean that stupid Smash game we are currently playing while we wait for RB PBEM #1 to come back on line. Are you taking that seriously?

Should have been a Pitboss!

Couldn't resist ;)

EDIT: I've not looked at the map yet. However I think I still want Lizzy of India. Korea and Rome are my other choices but I don't think I can pass India up.

Should have been a Pitboss!
yes - it probably should have been ... but no one is sharing instructions for how to set these things up.

Lets try and get all the pre-game stuff squared away so that we can have a dedicated session on Sat morning and get the game off to a flyer.

Here is another update. I've added people's starting units (settler, warrior, scout) in their correct spots and also terraformed the Northern spot.

Please take a look at it and let me know if I missed a resource and if you are ok with the placements. Note that I have flattened the land around the city (out to about 5 tiles) and put in selected forested hills.

Attachments

• Ruff_Hi BC-4000 - Trial v3.CivBeyondSwordSave
    26.3 KB · Views: 60
there is a simple 'reveal_map' switch for each player - so that was easy. Contact is easy too - what do people think ... yes or no?

everyone got their leader straight? I bet everyone is holding off waiting to see what the others select ... I know I am :D. How about we email our leader / civ selection to a friendly lurker (any volunteers?) and that person lets us know when we have all selected.

what's with the hitite city up between 12 oclock and 2 o'clock.
If I understand barb mechanics that's going to send out barb galleys with raiders to either of those two cities (one of which is yours truly).

what's with the hitite city up between 12 oclock and 2 o'clock.
If I understand barb mechanics that's going to send out barb galleys with raiders to either of those two cities (one of which is yours truly).
That city has The Great Wall. You are right about the galley access - I will move it further offshore.

There must be some kind of pro RB bias going on here :p

If I count correctly I have four forests in BFC whereas everyone has 5-6.
I have 0 forests in surrounding tiles which is less than other starting spots.

Here is another update. I've added people's starting units (settler, warrior, scout) in their correct spots and also terraformed the Northern spot.
The BFC is an issue - I will look at it. But your surrounding land is the only one currently done. The others are yet to be done!

:cool:

edit:
The spot at 9 o'clock has the 6 forests iirc

I've not looked at the map yet. However I think I still want Lizzy of India. Korea and Rome are my other choices but I don't think I can pass India up.

Sunrise did the same thing I did :). Gold/Happy useless so what UBs don't involve those? Babylon was another option. Anyway, in the interest of moving the game forward I will just stick with Huyana Capac of India.

Darrell

The Players:
  • ruff (Huyana Capac of Rome) - Financial, Industrious, Fishing, Mining, Praetorian, Forum
  • Dreylin (Peter of Spain) - Expansive, Philosophical, Fishing, Mysticism, Conquistador, Citadel
  • sunrise089 (Lizzy of India) - Financial, Philosophical, Mining, Mysticism, Fast Worker, Masoleum
  • darrelljs (Huyana Capac of India) - Financial, Industrious, Mining, Mysticism, Fast Worker, Masoleum
  • mc-red (Ghandi of Babylon) - Spiritual, Philosophical, Agriculture, The Wheel, Bowman, Garden

I keep vacillating on this but I think
Ghandi of Babylon

And I am 'Huyana Capac of Rome'. I've updated the complete list 2 posts above. I'll finalize the map tonight and we'll have Thur / Fri to complain about it.

Game starts on Saturday? How are people placed for everyone getting online so that we can have a rocking start?

Top Bottom