PBEM anyone?

So, restricted leaders I guess?
* I guess it will be a No Tech trading game?
* Map, I prefer pangaea, but doesnt really matter to me.
* Events off I hope
* Huts off I hope
* Noble difficulty?
* Normal barbs?
* Ancient start
* I guess it'll be a Normal speed, I wont go epic. I'd prefer quick.

I'll pick Inca.

I could try start a game, never started a PBEM before, but if *put in random player here* could do it, I'll be very disappointed if I fail.

We should decide on turn order as well, at what time can you usually play during the day?

I can usually play 17:00-23:00 GMT

Normally these things are agreed upon before game start:
(just to help you get started)

Entry to this game is free but one has to be prepared to play for more than a year.

Conditions of entry:
1. Turns will be taken every two days. If you have a job or anything else which requires that you go on frequent trips or spend a lot of time away from your home or wherever you play civ, then please do not sign up. For the game to be successful we need players who reliably take their turn during their allocated times. I do of course allow for vacations and so forth but it is absolutely imperative that if you are going to be absent from the game for more than a couple of days you let us know or take responsibility for finding a substitute player while you are gone. Players who are absent for 5 days or more and have not made any attempt to contact any of the players in the game will be replaced.

2. In your post you must also indicate two important things: (a) what timezone you are in, and (b) what times of day you are able to take your turn (remembering that you will be taking a turn roughly every two days most of the time). By requesting an invitation to this game you are also committing to potentially spending well over a year participating in this game.

Settings:
XXX map
XXX players
Climate: temperate
Starting Era: Ancient
Normal speed
Noble Difficulty (only human players)
World Wrap: yes
Resources: standard

YES / NO Random Events
YES / NO Huts
YES Vassals
YES City Razing
NO Tech Trading
Aggressive AI (in case we absolutely have to replace a player with an AI)

Victory Conditions:
ALL, except time

Furthermore: mostly is Inca looked upon as being a bit unbalanced / strong.

Sorry guys, I was thinking only one other player and having a couple cpu civs. I wasn't expecting this many responses, to be honest. Thank you for all your replies. I have shot one of you a message, but if that person doesn't respond, I'll send someone else a message.

Sorry about that.

If there is space I would be interested in playing.

I'm in GMT and usually play in the evenings.

I agree with the three posts above me. Although it doesn't have to be a quick game for me :) I prefer long, epically massive games!

Hi, I‘m not experienced player but will be glad to start play some long game (PBEM).
What do you think about it?
GMT +1, I can play between 21.00 and 24.00.
Note: Probably, in the period of time from 27.12.2011 to 4.01.2012 I’ll be offline.

Allright then, Mac and I are already in one game, But I'll gladly start another! Who will join me in a VERY LONG game with epic speed?

Settings:
Large random map
4 players (+4 AI)
Climate: temperate
Starting era: ancient
Epic speed
Noble Difficulty
World wrap: yes
Resources: standard

Random events: Yes
Huts: No
Vassals: Yes
City razing: Yes
Tech trading: No

Random, agressive AI

Victory conditions:
All, except time

Game:
BTS 3.19

Players:

1) Meneer Limburg - Julius Ceasar of Rome
2) Majic - Willem van Oranje of The Netherlands
3) rd13 - Hannibal of Carthage
4) Michkov - Random

Also, I don't really care about timezones and such. You need to be patient for PBEM anyway, especially for an epic one! :)

Allright then! I updated the list. I'm at work now, so I'll make a game tonight, along with a new thread for it. Can Majic, rd13 and Michkov PM their email-adresses to me? (If you haven't posted them alreadY)

Sorry Luthor, I think 4 is really about the max for a long drawn game! :)

Top Bottom