PBEM: Beta Moff's La Grande Guerre

I'm starting a PBEM for anyone interested in helping to test out my scenario. This scenario has two victory conditions - 1) Domination and 2) VP Point accumulation

Here are the powers involved:

1. Italy -
  2. Neutrals - Computer AI
  3. Ottoman Empire -
  4. Russian Empire - Bowsling
  5. Austria-Hungary -
  6. Germany -
  7. France -
  8. Britain -

This PBEM is designed for up to 7 players with the 8th player being the Computer Ai. However less people can play if the sides are divided up between 2 or more human players. Click on the link in my signature to go to the thread that contains everything you'll need to play this scenario.

I'll play. Let me look at the game before I choose a side.

Well, obviously I'm doing something wrong. I can't get the game in any mode pst the 61% mark.

ERROR READING FILE - Missing entry in "text\PediaIcon.text": TECH_Prewar.

I downloaded the files and installed them properly. I checked the PediaIcon and the file exists. What have I done wrong?

That is indeed a strange error Cyc since I did have this same problem prior to uploading my scenario to CFC. The fix turned out to be missing pcx's in the tech chooser\icons folder. Also make sure the version of the pediaicon.txt goes something like this:

#TECH_Prewar
art\tech chooser\icons\Prewar_SM.pcx

#TECH_Prewar_LARGE
art\tech chooser\icons\Prewar_LG.pcx

Here you go Bowsling. In zip format. File contains both versions of the game and these biqs are unreleased updates. ;)

I found some bugs on my own during the past week of play-testing and put some fixes and improvements in.

Attachments

• Moff's La Grande Guerre and PBEM.zip
    227.7 KB · Views: 210
Could you either post a copy of your pediaicons.txt here or PM it to me? I wonder if we're having a folder in folder problem during the uppacking of archive?

Is it still looking in the PTW folder?

Cyc said:
Is it still looking in the PTW folder?

I think you may have found the problem Cyc! I need to create a C3C pediaicons.txt file because it seems the one I'm using for this scenario was created in PTW format.

Newly updated PediaIcons.txt placed in Beta thread. See link in my signature to get the file. I'm hoping this will address Cyc and Bowslings issues with getting the scenario to work.

Top Bottom