PBEM game "Praetorian"

peter grimes

Retired Moderator
This is the game thread for the PBEM game titled "Praetorian", after the gentleman who first brought us together.

Players: If you get a truly crappy start, I don't mind if we start over. But please be realistic. The map scripts are pretty good about giving everyone a playable start.

The turn order is:

PeterGrimes (Greece)
Boc4J (Victoria) email: boc4j AT hotmail DOT com
Kake (Qin Shi Hua) email:
EriktheCelt [rep. Chinetter] (Catherine) email: e DOT saunders AT sympatico DOT ca

The map is Balanced, the Sea level is Low (to give us a little more room ;))

Players should email me their game passwords so that they may be replaced if they can't continue the game at some point in the future.

Please use this thread to post that you have played and sent the save to the next person. This will aid us in keeping a nice and smooth pace.

:beer: Enjoy!

What r rest of the specs in this game? Map size? AI's, how many? R we all Prince-skill level if there r AI players? Barbs? What did i leave out?

I'm in. I've not previously played a PBEM game from the start (only as a fill-in), so do I pick my civ when the first turn savefile gets to me?

Game Details:

Standard Map (results in 3 AIs)

I did all Prince level.

Balanced Map, with low sea level. Other than that everything is default with all victory conditions on.

@Chinetter - Your civ has already been assigned, as you had expressed interest in Catherine. When you get the save, go into your Game Options and establish a password. That way if someone inadvertently clicks on your save, they won't be able to accidentally open it. Just email me the password you pick so that we can give it to a fill-in player if need be.

@Boc4j - We're still in turn 1 :) Kake hasn't played his turn 1 yet; once Chinetter does, then it becomes turn 2.

Glad to see that we're all here :salute:

Just a heads-up. The other PBEM I set up this morning had a glitch. I may have screwed up the human / AI player stuff.

When Chinetter hits enter to end the turn, the game should say that the file can be sent to PeterGrimes. The file name in the "Praetorian" folder in the PBEM saves directory should read: "Praetorian_BC-3960_to_PeterGrimes.Civ4SavedGame"

If the filename is different, then I screwed up and we'll have to restart.

But hopefully I was more awake after I set up the first one, and we'll be good to go. Too bad about the other one - I had a really nice fat cross for my capital :)

Played and sent file to Chinetter. I have no resources in my startplace :( but no worries, i'll make it to work. :)

If you have no visible resources, you may still indeed have some once certain techs are discovered. Personally, I'd trade Sugar in the fat cross for Copper any day ;)

I have a net connection problem at my home PC. I have to fix it before i'm able to continue.
I'll send my password to PeterGrimes and if i haven't posted in here in 12h he can play my turn so we can keep this game going.

Take your time. If it goes more than a couple of days, then we'll see. I'd ask one of my friends to play through your turn before I do it myself, as I don't want to see spoiler stuff :)

Peter I've lost your email address, can you send me a note.
paul dot botts at gmail dot com

Top Bottom