1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

PBEM Minor League (2010)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by Luthor_Saxburg, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

GPS to David Cameron.

2. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

No, we don't have a leader. World is utterly divided, with Australia being the only country who cannot make up her mind ;)

Final tally is as follows:

Putin 36 votes
    Ban ki Moon 34
    Obama 32
    van Rompuy 27
    Hu 25
    Abdullah 23
    Luthor 14

Perhaps 3 candidates could be a better solution for this game...

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      56.9 KB
      Views:
  3. Luthor_Saxburg

Luthor_Saxburg Vassal of Civilization

Yes, it would. But I didn't remember changing anything related to the UN...

I guess this will be a game without UN...

The Brazilians are with a hangover from the great Carnival so there isn't much said these days... many people are starting to prepare the Carnival of 2011...

Still there was some work done and some documents have been shipped to Japan.

4. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

GPS to Nighthawk.

Meanwhile Japan is setting a new bureacracy to help with management of its people.

5. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I would assume this game will be the least time consuming one. It takes a lot of turns for minor guys to play a major role ;)

6. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

President Zuma of South Africa would like to thank the English people for their fair dealings of deer with our humble nation. We look forward to continued years of peace.

Sent to Hercules

7. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

We even have a defensive alliance now! ;) British Prime-Minister greatly interested in close ties with all the independent states of Commonwealth of Nations.

It is quite remarkable how much attention did scenario creator gave to South Africa. Very few Minor League guys have their very own tank (Olifant). I forgot, but there is one more South Africa only unit in the game. British SAS is the second example of such a care!

8. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

GPS to David Cameron.

Australia is reflecting on the death of quite a number of modern infantry units stationed in Pakistan while monitoring the infiltration into that area of 'barb' terrorist infantry groups. Reports indicate our boys took out quite a number of these well armed terrorists but in the end were overpowered by sheer numbers.

Our recovery and intelligence units are trying to identify, which states may be funding these terrorists groups.

9. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I did not get anything yet :confused:

Perhaps server is delaying? :dunno:

10. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

Turn resent just now.

11. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

UK finally got her first Great Person in this game (can somebody kindly tell me who is he :blush:) ?

Meanwhile here in London we are really amazed how fast Sir Alexander Mackenzie was born in Rio. 3 turns is all that took Brazilian think tanks to inspire the birth of this truly great Scotsman (1764 – 1820)!

Spoiler :

12. Luthor_Saxburg

Hephialtes should be a Great Traitor and not a Great Spy... he was the one that prevented the most amazing victory in history to occur!!! (not so linear, I know...)

Have heard of the battle of the 300? He was the one that betrayed Leonidas and, therefore, avoided an army of 1 300 men(?) to win a battle against 300 000(?)...

The UK perspective on the appearence of GP's at more or less the same time is quite interesting:

13. Luthor_Saxburg

We love Christ!!!​

Spoiler :

Strange comment coming from an atheist, huh? :mischief:

14. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

GPS to NH

15. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Atheism is overrated. :p Matters of faith cannot be proved or disproved, since they require ...
    Spoiler :
    faith
    :D So belivers believe in life after death and atheists in death after death. Believing in life :jesus: sounds a little more optimistic than believing in death

16. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

Man, anarchy sucks... 3 turns! But these riots and looting must be dealt with in order to upgrade to a more modern and progressive government system.

gps

17. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

With big Empires I usually rush the first cheap great person to start golden age, they are especially important on marathon, since golden age lasts now 16 turns while time between next civic changes stays as 5 turns ;)

Meaning during the Golden Age you can change your civics 4 times! Unless you are Luthor. Then you can do it every other turn even without a golden age. Must have wonder in RFC mods since anarchy creates a huge stability penalty there,if you know what am I talking about.

18. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

Yeah I noticed that from the "major league" Earth 2010 game. In this one we started with a GP, so I could have done it from the start too. But I had/have plans for my given GP, and the one that pops first I will also need for other things too... its just too long of a wait for me to start the Golden Age. Plus I like saving that easy 1 GP golden age for a more critical point in the game when I could use the boost. Spiritial is definitely a very underrated trait, I absolutely love it. The Christo Redentor wonder is awesome, its saved me in the past and its a great advantage for Luthor in this one.

So I'm forced to go with 3 turns of anarchy. At least this time I learned to spend a couple turns pumping culture so I don't get completely squeezed like I did last time! :D

19. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Great news, guys! Barbarian King is still active. He even PMed me asking if he can use my humble adjustments to his map for his next update :crazyeye: Perhaps we should freeze now and restart our game right after next release? He was going to fix culture and unit disbanding problems.

20. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

Whats the timing of this next release? I'd hate to be delayed too much.