1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

PBEM Minor League (2010)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by Luthor_Saxburg, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

Completely out of character on this, so this is not an official African Alliance position, but I have to say, its interesting to see Japan dog-pile on Russia when it is in the midst of badly losing the war to the EU.

And with Australia attacking Mexico, it appears the world is going to be mostly divided among five powers: Australia, Japan, African Alliance, the EU and USA...

2. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

Well I have reached the stage that I have needed to move on and get Russia, before the EU takes it all.

3. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

Oh I completely understand that... its just funny seeing your propoganda on the matter, Herc and I can clearly see right through it!

The African Alliance, now that it has liberated its Brazilian brothers from the tyranny of their oppressive ruler, has elected to once again re-name itself to reflect the equal distribution of its people between Africa and South America. Henceforth, we shall be named the Southern Alliance, reflecting the alliance of all african and south american nations under the leadership of Nighthawk Zuma. There are still riots and destruction in the streets of some former Brazilian cities, however with each passing month these reduce in number and duration as the people finally learn of the great leadership Nighthawk will provide them!

4. kiwitt

... and still the mighty 'minors' are doing quite well.

5. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

Sorry about that... I didnt realize I hadn't uploaded the turn.

6. kiwitt

Japan has removed Russian influence from Siberia and is looking forward to developing it for a better future.

7. Luthor_Saxburg

Luthor_Saxburg Vassal of Civilization

I do not know where the war was going on but if Brazil was played by a human I do not think that South Africa could win outside it's borders.

8. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

I'm inclined to agree with you, the main issue being that I wouldn't have a way to quickly replenish my losses. I landed in Patagonia and then marched north. I also didn't use any nukes against the AI, so if a few found their way through to your troops, that would have helped. Also Australia ended up landing in Chile, I don't think you would have been able to win a two fronted war against both of us. But it doesn't matter now, the former nation of Brazil is left only with London. South America has been divided amongst the Australian/African invaders! :crazyeye:

9. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

Not only were the amount of units unreal, but Luthor planted Mech Infantry on islands, controlled by Europe and others, which makes the sweeping up slow.

10. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

I just came to see what's going on in this thread, and then I read this. :crazyeye: How did that happen?

11. kiwitt

Tigranes did it!

12. Imp. Knoedel

Of course it was him. :lol:

13. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Tigranes gave UK to Australia before he retired. But Luthor used his admin password, went back, and replayed my turn with the backing of kiwitt and NH. And the rest is history.

14. Imp. Knoedel

Oh so is this the game everyone got so butthurt about?

15. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

This would be the one. And its shaping up to be a beauty. Three human world powers control 60% of the map, with a delicate balance of power among the three of us, plus AI controlled EU and USA with plenty of nukes and military of their own, enough to be a threat. Right now the world is peaceful and in balance... should things break down into a world war though, I imagine the fighting will be very intense, at least based on the power graph I'm seeing! ;)

16. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

Sent on. In the meantime Mexico is gone.

17. kiwitt

Japan is disappointed that the EU has taken some territory to the East of the Urals. This could eventually be cause for conflict! However, the EU and Japan have been good friends so what will happen is anyone's guess.

18. kiwitt

Japanese Parliament Statement

Japan sees the lands to the East of Urals, its sphere of influence and is disappointed that the European has chosen to cross the mountain divide and take cities to its east. This could not be tolerated by the Japanese People and to a larger extent the rest of Asian people now under the Japanese administration. They all see Siberia as essentially Asia and fear the encroachment of the European Union as some kind of 21st century colonial land grab.

After months of fruitless negotiations with the European Union regarding its control of the cities to the east of the Urals (Siberia), Japan's Parliament has declared that the talks have broken down and only one alternative remained.

War has now broken and a large part of the European forces have been defeated in the early battles, which were going to continue to attack the remaining Russian cities.

Conduct of the War

Again Japan re-states its desire to keep this a non-nuclear confrontation. All its conventional forces are ready take the cities east of the Urals. If however, the European Union strikes the Asian cities with nuclear weapons, rest assured Japan will react in kind.

19. kiwitt

Japan is pleased that the EU has not resorted to nuclear weapons. Counter-attacks have also been muted.

20. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

Yeah those EU folk don't know how to contain themselves. I hope other power blocks will also refrain from nuclear aggression.