PBEM Minor League (2010)

Tokyo Nightly Newscast

Japanese Foreign Minister is under House Arrest. More news to follow. Meanwhile the Japanese Prime Minister and the Emperor are in conference and have been for a few days now. Our experts suspect it is to do with the war with the EU.

Statement from the Prime Minister of Japan

The Foreign Minister of Japan, has been placed under house arrest for breaching diplomatic protocols and a review will be carried out by a cabinet committee led by the deputy Prime Minister. In the meantime, I will be assuming the responsibilities of the Foreign Minister.

In regards to the war in Russia, we are currently winding down our operations and reduced our military build up to concentrate on re-building our new cities that are part of the Japanese-Buddhist Empire. As you can imagine communications with our Generals leading the Russian campaign is quite difficult, but we are sure our messages will get through to them, to halt the advance in Russia only. We have no interest in the remaining European cities as they do not fit with our ideals.

We call on the leading world powers to seek a global conference to discuss the future of the new state of the world and desire a New World Order to be in place led by the Australian Coalition, Southern Alliance and Japanese-Buddhist Empire to the peaceful resolution of world affairs.

The Emperor of Japan has given his approval for this proposal and hopes that it be accepted by all. Let us return to a world of peace.

The President of the Southern Alliance would be glad to accept this invitation to the conference discussing the New World Order. We look to the Empire of Japan to lead the discussion, whether in public or private.

Japanese Parliament Announcement

The Japanese Minister of Defence, is pleased to announce that the military has been able to arrange a ceasefire with the European Union. However, this was not before Scandinavia had fallen to the Japanese military forces. Regular communications with the Military can now be re-established. A Parliamentary committee has been set up to examine the poor communications with the Military Forces in action in Europe. Results of this will hopefully be forthcoming soon. We are please fighting has ceased and our Military Forces are heading home.

The Japanese Minister for Public Works, is pleased to announce the formation of a Citizen Army to rebuild and develop the new cities under Japanese Buddhist Control. Their first priority will be to concentrate on surrounding areas of their cities. Much work needs to be done to build these neglected cities up to the Japanese standards.

The Japanese Minister for Buddhist Affairs, is pleased to announce the forthcoming training of Buddhist missionaries, whose job will be to spread the Buddhist philosophy to the new cities under our control.

The Prime Minister of the Japanese Buddhist Empire
can now reveal discussions have been held with the Australian Commonwealth of Nations, and it has been agreed that the remaining European cities can fall under their control. We are also pleased to announce that a formal ties with the United States of America have been re-established, which were in suspension while the war with the European Union was on-going. We cannot forsee another conflict with other nations in the future.

Also, the Emperor is making a rare public announcement soon.

Australia acknowledges Japanese Government statement.

Remaining European controlled cities still offer fierce resistance. Like Brazil they have a massive amount of Stealth Destroyers.

Minister of Defence Report

The parliamentary inquiry into the communications difficulties with the Military has been traced to Lieutenant General Kōichi Isobe, who used his position in the General Staff to hamper communications from Parliament to the Military. He intercepted their messages and re-issued them as congratulatory messages for the good progress in the European Campaign.

Once discovered, he immediately surrendered to the Military Police and awaits the outcome of the Court Martial. He has also plead guilty to this action, so the court will take this into consideration in his sentencing. In his defence he said he was doing it for the greater glory of the Japanese Buddhist Empire.

Statement by the Emperor

I am pleased that the war in Europe is now over. We can now once again show the world that Japan is the true heart of Buddhism and are pleased actions have now begun to spread its word.

The conduct of this war has been good with no Nuclear Weapons involved which has minimised the losses of civilian lives. We do not want a repeat of our recent and WWII past.

I have instructed the Prime Minister to release the Foreign Minister under a Peace Amnesty and re-take up his role, so the Prime Minister can once again manage our great Empire.

Japanese Foreign Minister Report
After decades of fruitless negotiations with Canada, not once has it shown any kindness towards Japan. Either by way of trade or support in it actions. (OOC: Canada had been Furious with Japan). We have also voted for Australia our strong friend for the position of UN Secretary General and recommend all other powers do the same.

Japanese Commander of Armed Forces Report
Unlike the Pearl Harbour attack of last century, the attack was well co-ordinated with both Navy, Airforce and Army. Vancouver has fallen swiftly, and all forces have now begun their march over the remainder of Canada.

Japanese Prime Minister Statement
We sincerely apologise to our fellow League members for the lack of notice of this action, but we needed to make a swift action, before Canada took action against us. This is a pre-emptive action. We ask that you allow us to complete our operations in Canada unimpeded.

FYI guys - as soon as in the temp leave thread, I'm traveling a lot over the next couple weeks. I know I've been sitting on this one - my laptop doesn't have this mod installed yet, so I need to find time/a good enough internet connection to re-download and install. Eventually I will have the time I hope! My apologies, please have patience for now!

No worries ... Playing Armored Warfare mostly these days

Finally! I wish we had previously agreed to pick a leader amongst ourselves, I wouldn't have kept voting for myself all this time. I'm sure Herc will bring us some great decisions as we move forward as a peaceful world.

Japan has agreed to a ceasefire with Canada, and the western provinces and cities are now under Japanese administration.

Of course they agreed! Australia took the eastern half and you the western... they have nothing left!

The world is down to 5 "powers":

USA
Egypt (with that damn defensive pact with America and its nukes)
The Southern/African Empire
The Eastern Asian World Conglomerate
The Australian Diagonal World Republic

Of course they agreed! Australia took the eastern half and you the western... they have nothing left!

The world is down to 5 "powers":

USA
Egypt (with that damn defensive pact with America and its nukes)
The Southern/African Empire
The Eastern Asian World Conglomerate
The Australian Diagonal World Republic

Well they do have something left: some unit left somewhere. Why it might even be in the Southern Empire. as might other civ refugees.

Japanese Buddhist Empire adopts Religious Freedom

Japan has relaxed it religious rules and have now decided to let all religions freely operate. However, the Buddhist religion will still be financially supported, and minor changes have now been done to the political systems to support this new found freedoms. It will take some months to bed these changes in.

Japanese Buddhist Empire adopts Religious Freedom

Japan has relaxed it religious rules and have now decided to let all religions freely operate. However, the Buddhist religion will still be financially supported, and minor changes have now been done to the political systems to support this new found freedoms. It will take some months to bed these changes in.

The Australian Anti Corruption League welcomes this announcement.

Announcement from the Japanese Government.
After almost a century of peace with the United States, war is once again on between the USA and Japan. Our great friend, Australia was declared war on by USA, and we had been torn between the two. We could have stood idly by and took no part in it, but we could not let our ally be threatened by nearby American Forces.

Minister of Defence Report
Our forces are pleased to report the successful occupation of Agana (Guam), Honolulu, Seattle, and Los Angeles, with minimal civilian casualities. Forces are now marching on Denver and Chicago and will also take Alaska in due course.

Once again no nuclear weapons were used by the Japanese forces, and this will continue for the duration this campaign.

Minister of Foreign Affairs Report
Japan is ready to help the American citizens with all humanitarian aid they may require, and will monitor the Japanese forces to ensure they will minimise civilian causalities.

We ask all nations to understand Japan's difficult position, we were put in, but our first priority is for supporting our friend Australia, and working on a quick resolution to this conflict.

Minister of Works and Infrastructure Report
It would appear that Denver has suffered major nuclear fallout, from the store of nuclear weapons the USA had there. Be assured an investigation will be carried to determine the cause of this serious event. We suspect it was caused by Australian forces removing the likelihood of the USA using Nuclear weapons against them. If so, we ask that Australia sends workers to Denver to help with the Fallout cleanup.

Japan will make it its first priority to clean up this city, so once again civilians can return there too!

Africa is not happy to see more bloodshed and war in this world, however we certainly are not in the position to get involved in defending the great USA. It seems their years on top will be short lived in the grand scheme of history.

Meanwhile, amidst this chaos we have our opportunity to finally remove the rebellious Hosni Mubarek. Egypt was the last hold out against a united Africa, and we will quickly strike to remove Mubarek from power and consolidate Egypt into the African Alliance. We had been holding off due to their defensive pact with our friends the USA, but with the USA unable to care about their end of the bargain, we can move in swiftly.

Egyptian intelligence tells me it was not a fallout from the American nuclear weapons in Denver... however reports are mixed and we are not completely sure of the cause. Our thoughts and prayers go to the devestated civilians in Denver, and throughout the entire United States.

Top Bottom