PBEM Newb Wants to Play

mscivfan

Chieftain
I've been playing CIV since Windows 3.11 days, but never really had the patience for PBEM. Now, it seems like I have time only for something that takes up a limited amount of my day.

I'm looking to join or perhaps start a PBEM game with low expectations for email turnaround (36 hr max). I would love to take my turns at work, but I work on a Mac. Thus I generally can't get to the game until at least 7 or 8 in the evening.

Anyone else out there want to play a friendly/low pressure PBEM game? Let's talk. :D

I'm a PBEM newbie also. I am interested in playing as well. I'm looking forward to a new aspect of a great game!

I'd be up for joining the game as well.

I am on GMT time, and a 24/36hr turnaround suits nicely.

Same here, and ditto with the time requirements.

Room for one more?

I've never tried pbem before, but have been playing civ2 and 3 online for a long time.

[Edit] I joined Dude D's game instead.

I don't really mind everyone joining, but remember that this looks like it will pan out with a long delay (24 hrs +) between turns, and each player adds another day between turns... so with 7 players, you will get one turn each week :)

I suspect we'd be better off splitting into games with 4 players in each?

Edit: thinking about it some more, I'm going to pull out of this one and set up my own thread ;)

arn't turn all done at the same time so hence u would have a turn around every 2nd day if ppl acually checked there email

I have decided to postpone starting a PBEM game until after the patch is released. It may turn out that games start before the patch would not properly function after the patch is applied. Plus, I am hoping that they make changes to the in-game email function to allow for SSL support.

Cheers

Top Bottom