[BTS] PBEM Nipty

Luthor_Saxburg

Vassal of Civilization
PBEM NIPTY

INTRODUCTION
This PBEM is intented to start almost from scratch but a bit different than usual, with the human capital being strong cities, with already pre-start incorporated buildings and Wonders, as well as a generous food supply nearby.
This game is designed for players that like to be surpised by a non usual scenario. The game should start at a pretty fast pace due to it’s starting position. One thing is certain: the barbarians will control the world at start. All the rest is unknown.

SETTINGS
Game Version: BtS 3.19
Scenario:Customized
World Size: Small
Speed: Epic
Players: 4 human players

GAME OPTIONS
Unrestricted Leaders
Raging Barbarians
Tech Trading - NO

GAME STARTUP
Human players start with two cities and a handfull of units
Human players start with one Great Person
AI given some specific strong units to make them last longer
Strong pirates introduced from the start

VICTORY CONDITIONS
=> ALL except time

HOUSE RULES
Each player should do their best to play within 2 days
Free diplomacy
Players should play with fair play and with the interest of the own Civ in mind. For example: actions made for denial purposes only are NOT allowed.
Each human players can only fire a nuclear weapons if they are victim of one of those weapons

NATIONS & PLAYERS
00. Rome - Sinimusta
01. Holy Roman Empire - Omeganot Michkov
02. India - Ruff

03. Viking Erion Dax - AI
04. Viking Orieva - AI
05. Viking Gustavus - AI
06. Dom Godofredo of Portugal - AI
07. Nelson of Portugal - AI

08. Ottoman Empire - Hercules
09. Spy Fly - Luthor

Tracker
http://www.ruffhi.com/php/tracker_v6.php?game=pbemNipty

Last edited:
In order to make myself a bit usefull in the game, I've decided to add a Quest to this game.

QUEST 1

Goal
: find out the exact name of the unit with your name on it !
Prize: surprise!
Note: the first one will get two prizes
Validity: If Luthor retire before you find out, no more prizes

QUEST 2

Goal
: kill the unit with your name on it
Prize: surprise!
Note: the first one will get two prizes
Validity: If Luthor retire before you destroy it, no more prizes

Last edited:
Count me in. But(!!) can we disable 'requires complete kill'?

Wooow! This was fast! :eek:
It seems that Civ IV still has the stamina for new PBEM's!

Count me in. But(!!) can we disable 'requires complete kill'?
Oh no! Why does NOBODY like "complete kills?" :sad:
It's fun! Let's see... you can train your units even though you have conquered every last city of your opponent, it makes conquest (the most usual way of winning) a bit harder, it's a very 'modern' thing to do, it's more realistic, ... does anybody like this option? Anybody?

I am interested too.
Phylholm, the game is almost ready and it was designed for 4 human players. I could add you in, but it will likely be in an underdog situation… let me know if you are interested.

The game is nearly ready. I would need the following from you:
* Your choice of Civ and Leader
* One Great Person of your choice to start with

Wooow! This was fast! :eek:
It seems that Civ IV still has the stamina for new PBEM's!

It's fun! Let's see... you can train your units even though you have conquered every last city of your opponent, it makes conquest (the most usual way of winning) a bit harder, it's a very 'modern' thing to do, it's more realistic, ... does anybody like this option? Anybody?

Phylholm, the game is almost ready and it was designed for 4 human players. I could add you in, but it will likely be in an underdog situation… let me know if you are interested.

The game is nearly ready. I would need the following from you:
* Your choice of Civ and Leader
* One Great Person of your choice to start with

Hi Luthor! Thanks! But it is not necessary. You can maintain the original proposal with 4 players. Good fun, boys!

I dont know how it plays with humans but with AI it tends to be that the defeated civ ends up having a useless unit somewhere on the map you cant find, or even a spy. If its an army roaming around making trouble it could be fun I imagine, but not if you have to trawl the whole world for a scout just to get rid of the foreign cultures in your new cities.

Oh ... Normal speed please.

I'll set up a tracker ... let me check if I have everyone's email address.

Edit: I do. gmail forwarding permissions sent.

Re play order, I can play morning or evening. I am GMT-5 (Boston).

Last edited:
LET THE GAMES BEGIN !!!

I have decided to introduce a Quest! Find out all about it in post #2.

Last edited:
Has the game actually started? After checking the email account ... I can see it has. I have set up the forwarding (missing approval to forward turn to hercules!) so that should start to work.

Tracker ... http://www.ruffhi.com/php/tracker_v6.php?game=pbemNipty
Game Email ... pbem.nipty at gmail dot com

If Sinimusta is asking who has the turn it means that he has played.
If Ruff is asking if the game started it means that he has not yet received his turn.

So.... the answer to Sinmusta question is: Omeganot!

I was thinking that we would first finish one turn and then start using the tracker.

except that sinimusta sent the turn to the tracker gmail account and the forwarding rules hadn't been completed. They are completed (sans Herc) now and I have flipped the turn to Omeganot.

Top Bottom