All settings default except
Huge archipelago 70%
Emperor
(Warm?), (Wet?), 5 billion years
Restless barbs
Culturally linked starts off

3 settlers/workers/warriors
SoZ 50% more expensive & no Ivory.

Everyone got their 1st and 2nd choice of tribe..
..1 for you, 2 (or 3) for the ai.

=======
original post:

Looking for 3 other people for 4+4ai huge archipelago epic

All other settings up for discussion.

I only want people who can commit to a minimum 3 turns per week.
If everyone can turn it around every night, so much the better.

(Holiday season is upon us,
so there may be breaks in the next few months,
or for other reasons,
but that's understood.)

If interested..
1)
please PM me your:
top 4 tribes choice
email address
password

2)
please enter your preferred game settings for discussion in this thread.

=====

Oh, btw, I hate the slow starts, so I usually propose starting with 3 settlers.
Let me know what you think about this.

If it is 4 humans vs. 4 AI, I would like a middle to upper difficulty. I would say Emperor or Demigod. As for environment, I really don't know. I usually say 5 billion years and 70% water. Beyond that, I don't know.

I am GMT -5:00 and can play every day.

I would like to join , but before I send you my details etc ..
I think Standart is good to play 8players .

and about the settings , 5billion years , 60%water . wet and I don't remmember next .

@Goodsmell:
Sorry, I have a thing about Huge...
..and (in this case) Archipelago.

..everything else up for discussion..

If I don't get a PM, I'll assume you're going to pass on the size issue.

@Spiffy..
I have your PM.

Emperor is fine.
I've never played DemiGod, but if it's the majority vote that's fine too.

===================

Oh, btw, I hate the slow starts, so I usually propose starting with 3 settlers.
Let me know what you think about this.

Emperor is great, and 60% water is fine. I also like your idea of 3 settlers to speed things up. Will these settlers come with extra workers and/or ground troops?

When I have done this before, usually we have had 3 settlers, workers, and warriors, and 20 gold to cover any awkward periods when one town is settled and you're carrying all the other units.

----

Not heard from goodsmell again, I'll give it the next ten hours, then assume we need someone else.

Does it usually take a few days to fill up a game like this? Would changing the difficulty encourage others? I looked at the new player listing, and soul_warrior has only been around for about a month. Perhaps we could ask him? Right now the settings are:

Huge, Archipelago, 60-70% water
Emperor, 8 civs ... right?

On another note, it seems like the active players are in multiple games. How many are you two currently playing?

Also, when playing, it is not really appropriate to post lots of information about your civilization as it will tell too much, but should I be making spoiler-type posts maybe after a certain point? Sometimes I see that one or two sentences are given when a GPS is posted. What sort of things are ok to talk about in this thread once the game starts?

I like making bad puns in my gps posts sometimes, like "these lands are to dye for" if i have Dyes. Also, i just make comments on how great my empire is, and since its just a game, i dont mind giving out a little spoiler info (since im so confident i can win anyway)

I think i am in 12 PBEM that are moving, and 2 that have had major stalls and look like dieing.

Wow, 12 games at the same time. I'm impressed that you can keep all the games independent in your mind. I would imagine that this means your GOTM games are going on at the same time too! I was thinking that I could do two at one time, and sort of keep notes for each. Even for the Civ3 HOF, while I generate maps for different purposes, I have only played one type of game at a time.

I'd like to give it a go Captain :salute:

However if allowed I expect that players do not look in the spoilers i post every turn unless they get permission from me (it is primarily for myself and lurkers)

Regarding the thread I would also like people to post when they have had the turn ... that we we can easily keep track ... just hving problems with other games at the moment either too slow or dying :(

I have also requested that my tribe be customised, wandering if others want to do the same.

Cheers :)

fe3333au said:
I have also requested that my tribe be customised, wandering if others want to do the same.

I am curious, what do you mean by custom tribe? Do you mean like custom units, techs, and stuff, or do you mean like a patched-in Austria tribe?

fe3333au said:
However if allowed I expect that players do not look in the spoilers i post every turn unless they get permission from me (it is primarily for myself and lurkers)

Sure, that is why I asked about it. I would probably only do a spoiler every 5-10 turns covering important events, discoveries, and decisions. I might even post the spoilers delayed a few turns, or something like that, and in a spoiler block. I'm also willing to post every time to keep track and keep things moving.

Customise the tribe name and leader name :D ... I tend to get carried away and name virtually everything ... and sometimes a story evolves ;)

Ah, I see. That is a good idea. Usually I play GOTMs, so I am often worried about time and efficiency. However, with one turn at a time, I will definitely rename certain cities, and never use, for example, "New London" or "London 2". I have found that renaming units is not worth it, unless it is to make loading boats easier. However, that could change for PBEM. For a custom tribe, I would keep the tribe name but make the leader Spiff, 'cause that's me! :king: Yeah, if bathsheba666 is up to it, I would like my tribe to be the same, but change my leader to just Spiff.

@bathsheba666 - You call your leader Ozymandiaston?

OK,

As far as I can tell, here is the current options strawman:

4ai
Huge archipelago 70%
Emperor
3 settlers, workers, warriors, 20 g to start.

I normally want restless barbs, but I think there may be a bug, and I only ever seem to get roaming/sedentary, whatever they're called.
- but there's one tweak I can try, I gather...
So I'll try restless again?

What are we waiting for?

1) Consensus or further suggestions on the settings.

2) I'm not sure of relative position and playing times of Azza and Jello?

I'm not sure how many pbems I'm in at present,
but they have a habit of grinding to many little halts.

In fact 4 (shortly to be 6) Civ 4, and 13 (shortly to be 15) civ3.

... but/so I have no time for any other civ games, solo, gotm, whatever...

I'm out tomorrow night, so more likely to be Thursday before I kick this off, depending on feedback to the above...

All the map settings that you list are just fine.

I am farthest West in the world (US), azzaman333 and fe3333au are Australia (if I'm not mistaken), and bathsheba666 is in the middle with England.
(Please correct me if I am wrong.) I assume we should go in some easternly order:

US - UK - Australia - Australia
UK - Australia - Australia - US
Australia - Australia - US - UK
Australia - US - UK - Australia

(edit: of course... :lol: I mean... um... read it from right to left... yeah...)

As for your barbarian uncertainty, check out this thread and see if it is the same bug.

Thanks for that,

We usually play follow the sun, ie east to west.
So the play order is per the first thread entry, except I'm not sure about the Azza/Jello order.
So I play my turn, go to bed, your evening is still to come, etc.

Top Bottom