PBEM Player name changes

Gothar

Chieftain
I have noticed that my player name changes sporadically when opening PBEM games. It is in no way consistent and it doesn't change every time - i just cant figure out what triggers it to change my name, once it even came back with my opponents name (only two of us were playing)

we are not sure either - tho we have a game where my name is ugliotter, and other player's name is elderotter - taken from me by the computer - very confusing as i seem to have the need to talk to myself alot.

I have also experienced this problem, and am relieved to see that others have as well. Every turn in Game 18 (my first Civ IV PBEM), my player name has changed: the first turn to an opponent's name, and every turn thereafter to "MICHELLE". Furthermore my own password, which I reset every turn through Alt-D, is erased.

I have no explanation for "MICHELLE", other than it might be a player-specified password.

I'm actually guessing that it gets set to the player name by another player. Since the default is the user account, someone is probably using an account 'MICHELLE' and hasn't changed the default.

Annoying.

My PBEM partner and I have noticed that games opened by clicking on the file name instead of starting the game and going through the menu always revert the name to the original name.

Top Bottom