PBEM problem

runningsnake24

Chieftain
New to the boards, so sorry if I am posting this in the wrong spot. My friend and I are really big into Civ4, but due to are schedules, decided it would be easier to play a PBEM game instead of always trying to find time to play online or on a LAN. Started a PBEM game, and completed my first turn and sent it off to him. He opened it up fine and made his turn, and got the box that said to send it back to me. Received it back fine but when I opened it in game was still on his turn, and of course could not do anything. Both of tried back and forth to see if we could do anything, but always stuck got stuck at the end of his turn. Double checked our versions and they are both the same so out of ideas. Thanks for any help.

This happens when your friend played his turn, saved the game, then thought of something better to do and played his turn again, saving over the previously saved game.
The solution to your problem:
Your friend first needs to delete his saved turn from his hard disk. Then play the last turn he received from you and email you the save game.
That should fix your problem.

And in the future: If you ever save a turn and want to replay it before you emailed, then first delete the save game from your hard disk to avoid this same bug..

Thanks for the info NZL. That very well might have been the issue, so will have to check it out later. Also had the issue that when he started a game and sent it to me that it would also be stuck on his turn, but I think we are both going to clear out our saved pbem games that we were trying and see if we can get it working. Thanks again.

alright came home, buddy and I both deleted all are previous saves, set up a new game, took my turn, sent it to him, he took his turn, send it back, and as soon as I load the game it says it is his turn and gets stuck. So no idea of what is going on.

Lol,
Are you sure your buddy didn't save his turn twice again? :p
I'm asking because you're exactly describing the bug me and my buddy had, and we solved it this way..

If you're sure, then i can't help you..

I don't think he loaded it up twice to make take two different turns, but now that I think about it he did save it again under a different file name, so will have to check it out later

Top Bottom