PBEM vs PitBoss

BCLG100

Music Master
Well basically we have to decide which one we should use, i assume everyone is familiar with what each one is but incase your not.

PBEM-is Play By E-mail which is essentially playing the game by e-mail one turn at a time.

PitBoss- is essentially a MP game where each team is online and a set number of turns is played, essentially PBEM but just faster. more info can be found here.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=152361

Discussion is only going to be able to last a day as they want an answer by the weekend. We can poll it afterwards or just see if there is a mjority within the thread.

Personally i prefer PBEM as it allows everyone not playing more input into the game imo.

PBEM..longer between turns but less likely that the teams DP has to make a spur of the moment decision. It leads to more democracy.

PBEM....

More time to make desisions and discuss. If its anything like the civ3 MTDG then turn will be comming hard and fast some times anyway.

I would say PBEM, because it could prove hard to organise a time for 5 people to get together who could be from completely different time zones. Also while i don't mind have a leader make so of the smaller decisions on the fly, what happens if half way through the turns he's ment to play a major decision comes up that hasn't been discussed previously.

Robi D said:
I would say PBEM, because it could prove hard to organise a time for 5 people to get together who could be from completely different time zones. Also while i don't mind have a leader make so of the smaller decisions on the fly, what happens if half way through the turns he's ment to play a major decision comes up that hasn't been discussed previously.
thats not how pitboss works... Nobody needs to be on the same time...
Basically the admins set a number of hours you must complete your turn in, so it could be 48 hours, and everyone would have 48 hours to complete their turn then the next turn would happen

I think we should do Pitboss, it could definetly increase the speed and stability of turns, however I am not sure what would happen if we need to stop for some reason

Black_Hole said:
thats not how pitboss works... Nobody needs to be on the same time...
Basically the admins set a number of hours you must complete your turn in, so it could be 48 hours, and everyone would have 48 hours to complete their turn then the next turn would happen

I think we should do Pitboss, it could definetly increase the speed and stability of turns, however I am not sure what would happen if we need to stop for some reason

I understand that with Pitboss not everyone has to be there to take their turns at the same time however if that wasn't the expectation then how would it differ from a standard PBEM

Robi D said:
I understand that with Pitboss not everyone has to be there to take their turns at the same time however if that wasn't the expectation then how would it differ from a standard PBEM
in PBEM it has to be emailed from person to person, in pitboss you connect to a server any time within the alloted time and play, once the alotted time is up a new turn starts

I guess it would depend on how much time between turns...and if we can stop in the middle of a turn to discuss things in pitboss. Pitboss sounds cool do you know if more than one teammate can look at the save or is it limited.

I dint understadn pitboss but after you gusy explained it. It sounds better than hoping your email server is working that day.

robboo said:
I guess it would depend on how much time between turns...and if we can stop in the middle of a turn to discuss things in pitboss. Pitboss sounds cool do you know if more than one teammate can look at the save or is it limited.

I dint understadn pitboss but after you gusy explained it. It sounds better than hoping your email server is working that day.
I believe anyone with a civ's password can access the save

Black_Hole said:
I believe anyone with a civ's password can access the save

thats how it works with TNT anyways during PBEM, ill edit my post in 'team info' to show password our e-mail and password for e-mail address :)

Top Bottom