PC freeze at initial (black)screen

King Alexander

Universe explorer
Hello fellow fanatics, this is how the story goes: my mother's (desktop)PC freezes at the very first initial screen(where one can see the BIOS version, prossesor speed, and RAM check).
There're 2 options and say: "press Esc or Del to continue...etc, etc..., but neither seems to work with the respectable keys. I also tried the F-keys to see if I could do anything, but to no result.

I don't know if it's of any importance but, some of the letters on this initial screen(specifically, the first letters of every new line) aren't white as the rest of them(in contrast to the black fond of the screen), but a bit faded.

Now, I have no idea what is wrong with my mother's PC. I need help if it's a problem I can do something, otherwise, I'll have to call a technician, as my mother needs her PC soon for her work.
Please help me...

Does it give any kind of error message? Does you hear a series of beeps from it?

The very first thing I would try would be a different keyboard. If by chance she has a USB keyboard, try with a PS/2 one.

If that doesn't work, then I would try resetting the CMOS. If you don't know what that is, then I'd just take it to someone else.

@Speedo: no, it doesn't give any kind of error message, neither does beep sound.
Yes, I'll try another keyboard to see if that works.

Thanks for the help.

Well, the problem is the printer, after all: we needed to get it off the power and put it on again, as it caused problems with the other devices.

Top Bottom