PC Gamer BTS preview

JtheJackal

Emperor
The July 2007 issue of PC Gmaer includes some new info in a one page preview.

*New Units
**high powered artillery
**low powered tactical nuke
**supply truck which heal troops in enemy territory (similar to Rise of Nations) (Edit:turns out to be part of a scenario)

*"Civilizations can now found corporations to trade resources for other benefits, like the Standard Ethanol Company, which consumes corn and provides oil, and the General mills Corporation, whihc providesextra food to cities in exchange for corn, rice, and wheat."

*AI will try to win a cultural victory

*Scenarios
**Final Froniter - transforms Civ IV into a space colinization game
**Afterwold -describes as an homage to X-Com expanions

There is a pic of the Mausoleum of Maussollos, the paratrooper, and the supply truck (two oxen pulling a cart). The pic with the supply truck has what looks like medieval horsemen with a lance, another with a mace, and some crusaders.

the rest of the info in the article was seen before, and the article mistakenly says that Hammurabi and Sitting Bull are leaders for existing civs.

*New Units
**high powered artillery
**supply truck which heal troops in enemy territory (similar to Rise of Nations)

BEST NEWS I'VE HAD ALL MONTH. Surely there must be a nuclear submarine with which to transport the tactical nuke?

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

*"Civilizations can now found corporations to trade resources for other benefits, like the Standard Ethanol Company, which consumes corn and provides oil,

I find that a bit strange because you usually have health issues in the late game, but also usually have oil if you've been waring and taking teritory. So you wouldnt' want to lose your corn for the health.

It will be good if you are playing more peacefully but want to build tanks for defence.

I find that a bit strange because you usually have health issues in the late game, but also usually have oil if you've been waring and taking teritory. So you wouldnt' want to lose your corn for the health.

It will be good if you are playing more peacefully but want to build tanks for defence.

You can quite often have more than one source of corn.

On the supply truck thing, how is it going to be better than a Medic chariot, or any other medic unit I wonder.

You can quite often have more than one source of corn.

On the supply truck thing, how is it going to be better than a Medic chariot, or any other medic unit I wonder.

I have a feeling a supply truck will be able to heal a unit to full but at the cost of the supply truck.

I like the idea of a medic unit. Using a great general for a Medic 3 seems like a waste, but it seems to be the best use of a GG in most cases.

And I LOVE the idea of a tactical nuke

Idiodyssey said:
I like the idea of a medic unit. Using a great general for a Medic 3 seems like a waste, but it seems to be the best use of a GG in most cases.

Agreed. Medic 3 unit seems a waste to me too, I can't resist settling GGs or creating Academies.

I have a feeling a supply truck will be able to heal a unit to full but at the cost of the supply truck.

They'd have to be pretty cheap to make that worthwhile, unless it heals the whole stack. Otherwise it would probably be say 20% per turn.

Hmmm what tech is it available with I wonder?

or maybe they have greater healing range, such as can heal all unit in 2 tile radius.

If we have tectical nukes i really hope we get Nuclear Submarine, perhaps fleets can become a bit more important now.
I just wonder what high powered artillery means!?

*New Units
**high powered artillery
**supply truck which heal troops in enemy territory (similar to Rise of Nations)

*"Civilizations can now found corporations to trade resources for other benefits, like the Standard Ethanol Company, which consumes corn and provides oil, and the General mills Corporation, whihc providesextra food to cities in exchange for corn, rice, and wheat."

*AI will try to win a cultural victory

*Scenarios
**Final Froniter - transforms Civ IV into a space colinization game
**Afterwold -describes as an homage to X-Com expanions

There is a pic of the Mausoleum of Maussollos, the paratrooper, and the supply truck (two oxen pulling a cart). The pic with the supply truck has what looks like medieval horsemen with a lance, another with a mace, and some crusaders.

the rest of the info in the article was seen before, and the article mistakenly says that Hammurabi and Sitting Bull are leaders for existing civs.

Can you supply a link to your source, please? I've looked on their site and I'm not finding it. I cannot, or will not, add anything to the Info Center thread without proof.
Edit: If you have an early version of the magazine (as subscribers get), than I look forward to when it becomes available to the general public.

If we have tectical nukes i really hope we get Nuclear Submarine, perhaps fleets can become a bit more important now.
I just wonder what high powered artillery means!?

High powered artillery means artillery with high power. :)

If we have tectical nukes i really hope we get Nuclear Submarine.....

And I hope they have a better chance of getting through SDI/bomb shelters. It would make sense (less warning). And, damnit, the game needs to go seriously nuclear more often.

Wow they took the best out of CIV 3 (paratroopers, tatical nukes) and put it into IV....finally. I always thought that the battles needed a bit more and now my cold war scenario that ive been working on is gonna be awesome if i can put in into the expansion. I just hope that the tatical nuke doesn't create as much radiation and doesnt start global warming which always pissed me off because as soon as you launch one nuke, the whole world turns into a desert.

Wow they took the best out of CIV 3 (paratroopers, tatical nukes) and put it into IV....finally. I always thought that the battles needed a bit more and now my cold war scenario that ive been working on is gonna be awesome if i can put in into the expansion. I just hope that the tatical nuke doesn't create as much radiation and doesnt start global warming which always pissed me off because as soon as you launch one nuke, the whole world turns into a desert.

I am not sure that tactical nuke and paratrooper qualify as "best of civ3". They have been nice, but always marginal.

And I hope they have a better chance of getting through SDI/bomb shelters. It would make sense (less warning). And, damnit, the game needs to go seriously nuclear more often.

Actually for gameplay it would make more sense if SDI intercept chance is lowered a bit.From 75% to 50% or perhaps 60% and make SDI a project a lot more costly at least of 50% while A-Bombs become a bit more costly.
I understand why they have nerfed A-Bombs, a war all about launching A-bombs would be just boring.
What i would like is that A-bombs should be a viable military option, costly without assured good results but definitely not so useless as they are now.

Top Bottom