PC Gamer - Demo Charlemagne scenario

shoes.

Oh and by the way I noticed that in some of those screenshots there were different roads, some were paler coloured, appear paved and straighter whilst some were the Warlords style, darker dirt tracks and less straight.

Here is an example from a screenshot dated 672AD.

(I know in the picture they are in different cultural areas but they are mixed elsewhere on the screen in one civ's land.)

Any ideas what might be causing this difference?

Well I definitely saw modern roads (with white markings) in modern cities. Maybe the pale is a calssical road (think straight Roman roads) and the toher an Ancient or Medieval path?

This sucks man, shows you how much they really aprreciate us the hard core Civ fans... as opposed to them selling out as per usual and trying to cash in on a friggin demo.

Yeah great Firaxis, great.

Was it not these forums that have provided them with half if not more of the suggested improvements?

Aw, come on, you know it's not about money. Firaxis just hates you. You personally.

Pretty roads.

shoes.

Oh and by the way I noticed that in some of those screenshots there were different roads, some were paler coloured, appear paved and straighter whilst some were the Warlords style, darker dirt tracks and less straight.

Here is an example from a screenshot dated 672AD.

(I know in the picture they are in different cultural areas but they are mixed elsewhere on the screen in one civ's land.)

Any ideas what might be causing this difference?

My guess: The +1 movement increase for roads with Engineering got a visual representation.

Do you get a re-fund for being stupid enough for buying Warlords on its own?

Civ really is a cash cow isn't it?

If everything is correct, and the release date is the 20th, it's only 7 days until I get my copy. I think I can go without a stupid 100 turn Charlemagne demo thingy until then.

Who am I kidding!? I WANT THAT DEMO!! NOW!!!!1:mad:

Do you get a re-fund for being stupid enough for buying Warlords on its own?

Civ really is a cash cow isn't it?

The bitterness is strong in this one. ;)

Seriously, though, I've very much enjoyed playing Warlords for the last eight months, and I harbour no regrets whatsoever at having parted with my hard-scrounged cash to get it.

Edit: Or did you mean being stupid enough to buy Warlords without a copy of the original? Now that really would be stupid.

No neither have I, I haven't touch vanilla since.

No I meant people going Vanilla - BtS and getting free Warlords lol

I'm betting that the paved roads are a railroad-style upgrade that replaces the normal ones for this scenario, since Charlamagne likely won't extend into a time when you can build the normal railroads.

It would be nice to add a third road option (paved roads or highways) into the core game, but that will probably need to be modded as I'm pretty sure Firaxis is happy with two road types per game.

guess I'm in the minority about that new foreign advisor screen. I find it quite annoying and about as fun as looking at a spreadsheet at work. I wish they had kept the old one with the picture boxes and lines.

Top Bottom