1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

PC Games N article

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

2. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Chieftain

This is the answer that I find most interesting because I think it deals with the biggest weakness in the civ genre. The late game tends to be pretty boring because "nothing really happens". I would love it if civ6 could find ways to spice things up a bit. Why not have famines, plagues, terrorist units that would attack your cities or other cities, city states getting nukes, etc?

Hawke9 and Aussie_Lurker like this.
  3. Zelda1983

Zelda1983 Chieftain

So,

we will get multiple leaders, thats not surprising.

We will get more dynamic. What could it be?

Rebellion, Civil War, Diseases, political factions like in Stellaris?

Everything sounds good, hope the winter Addon is at christmas.

4. Eagle Pursuit

I suspect the dynamicism will come as a result of world Congress actions.

5. UWHabs

UWHabs Chieftain

You get a little bit of action with putting envoys into city-states, but I think they definitely need to spruce that up more. I think if they could come up with some "modern" quests for city-states that were worth more than just 1 envoy, or if they came out with ways that you lose envoys to city-states over time if you're not doing what they want, that would at least have a little notion of some global geo-politics. They also should add more diplo modifiers for your interaction with city-states - so if I steal a city-state from anyone, then I should get a negative diplo modifier with them.

They could also do some new things to shake up the game during the later part. Again thinking of city-states, it would be kind of cool if sometime around the mid-point of the game (industrial era or so), if you had new city-states cropping up. So if you get to a point and there's some valid city locations left, you may have them suddenly filled in by a new city-state.

But otherwise, I expect the main change to come from the World Congress, however they want to handle that.

Aussie_Lurker and nzcamel like this.
  6. Buckets

Buckets Chieftain

My big takeaway is they are following civ 5 release cycle. So far it has been in line with that. Safe to expect 2 expansions.

nzcamel likes this.
  7. Piruparka

Piruparka Chieftain

I'd love any of those. Civil Wars sound awesome to me as a feature of the game of course.

I wouldn't expect an expansion before summer 2018.

craney1987 likes this.
  8. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Chieftain

3 year development time. I think it is safe to say first expansion will launch in 6/9 months time.
    Followed by 2nd expansion after 3 years of development. Some small updates after that and development for civ 6 is done.
    Modders can go berserk after development is done.

Ozymandias9891 and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  9. UWHabs

UWHabs Chieftain

Yep. I'd expect:
    Winter: new patch, mostly balance changes. Maybe 1/2 new civs in a DLC. If not, maybe a smaller DLC (map pack, city-states, scenario)
    Summer 2018: Expansion pack, mostly focused on World Congress/late game
    Summer 2019: Expansion pack #2, theme TBD

Ozymandias9891 and RohirrimElf like this.
  10. Haig

Haig Chieftain

Rebellions would be very cool. but I think many players don't wish completely empire-crippling effects, because Civ is not a "roleplaying" experience for manyt but a way to get to the victory. But still things like colonies rebelling or world congress creating new city-states would be fun.

In Rhye's and fall mod for Civ 4, the world congress could vote and give back cities lost in war to their rightful owner, that could be a nice twist.

11. kaspergm

kaspergm Chieftain

Pretty sure we'll see stuff like tile and city flipping depending on cultural pressure and happiness, like we had in Civ4. Felt like a pretty glaring omission from Civ5.

12. Sagax

Sagax Chieftain

I just hope it will actually be a well thought implementation with new gameplay elements, instead of just boosting negative diplomacy modifiers and forcing AI into DOWing you in the endgame without real consideration of power levels.

Fingers crossed for the improved World Congress.

13. Eagle Pursuit

I think we will see things in the WC that are like rule changes, kind of like the "luxury bans" from Civ V; things that alter the arithmetic for success, both in negative and positive ways. And it would be nice if the AI would vote for or against you based on their true relationship status. It sucks when a friend votes against you. It would make it more rewarding to play diplomatically.

14. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Chieftain

Losing/winning envoys based on diplomatic actions would be interesting, mostly if they add a diplomatic victory that use the envoys system.

Ozymandias9891 and Aussie_Lurker like this.
  15. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Chieftain

I hope there is a diplo victory but implementation will be the key. In civ5, if memory serves, the diplo victory was actually an economic victory because you just needed to spend a bunch of gold to bribe enough votes. I am hoping the diplo victory in civ6 will be different.

16. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Chieftain

You can't buy envoys with gold, so Civ VI is already in a pretty good position to deliver that, they just need to expand the system with more ways to interact with it. I think there's a lot of potential there.

Aussie_Lurker likes this.
  17. Starwars

Starwars Chieftain

A bit disappointed that the interviewer didn't throw some questions out there about stuff like the AI, the diplomacy and so forth. The parts of the game which are really constantly under fire from people, it would've been nice to get some thoughts on that.

Still, will be fun to see what they can cook up for the mid to late game. I'm personally hoping for systems where they make use of stuff like tourism. Actually, it'd be nice to have things like faith, culture and tourism have more of an effect on the actual game (aside from using them the purchase things I mean). Not sure if I would want them to copy the culture flipping in IV, but something that was awesome about that was that it gave you secondary ways to sort of exert power over other civilizations without having to go to war. I really loved how the culture/border wars *felt* in the game.

nzcamel and Piruparka like this.
  18. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

The evasive "no promises right now" about the DLL source code is concerning.

kaspergm likes this.
  19. Cerilis

Cerilis Warlord

For "new mechanics" I kinda hope we get something like a Railway station district that adds a fair amount of empire/city planning around the late mid game stage, in a uuuh... "Go-West!" kinda style?

Ozymandias9891, Stilgar08 and nzcamel like this.
  20. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Chieftain

Glad to see him acknowledge the disparity in strenght between some of the base civs and the dlc civs.