PC shutdown takes long time after exiting Old World

Fistleaf

Warlord
After exiting the game, and waiting a while for the PC to idle, when I shutdown the PC, it takes about 5 mins to off the PC. This is on Windows 10. Any solutions for this?

Is the executable of Old World still running?
Which platform, is it Epic Store? Steam? Is the exe of Steam still running? What if you manually quit Steam, does the PC shutdown faster?

I have checked task manager, I do not see any executable for old world or other program still running.
I am using Epic version, but I launch the game directly from Old World exe without opening the Epic launcher, so any performance issue should not be launcher related.
It seems that there is some hidden memory hog that cannot be seen from task manager.
I may need to find some app to free up RAM and test it

I noticed on Steam that it takes A LOT longer to save my games to the Steam cloud than any of my other games.
I don't use Epic so I can't say for sure, but if they save to the cloud similarly, that might be a possible cause.

It seems like some portion of memory is reserved for Old World, and is not released when the game is closed. If I run other programs before shutting down, the shutdown speed is no longer as slow.

Top Bottom