PC Zone Mag screenshot in link

I have a mixed feeling for the new graphics.

On one hand, it looks lovely and detailed, so I hope the final version will look great and integrated with the game play.

On the other hand, it looks like an old RPG game I played before where giant characters moved among tiny villages on the map, and I didn't like that much.

By the way, what is the Big Foot doing there?

At last I have to keep complaining about the multi-units that appear in every single screenie I've seen.

This looks awesome! I'm in heaven! :) I'm in heaven! More comments from me later. Have to enjoy these very nice screenies first! :) :) :)

Man, great shots.
Or plentifull, at least.
Dunno, it`s the same old civ, but yet completely different. That`s very good in graphic sense. I just hope it`s not the same with the gameplay.
First pic is weird. i don`t know which one is a city. There are so many landmarks now.
Hmm, top left thing looks like a sawmill, bottom one like a mine, thing with obelisk is apparently a city. What is top right thing then?
Farm?
Interesting, looks like there will be some changes with exploitation of land and goods.
Nice!

Do you see all the buildings all arround the cities? I guess it's improvments that can be built on different ressources, to use 'em properly! Looks great!

At first game maybe difficult to navigate without grids on :D

Hehe, it will a bit unusual and different in the start I guess! :)

Have you seen the man with the weagon on the first screen? Can it be symolizing a trade route perhaps?

God damn, these images are great, can't stop looking at 'em! I think Firaxis will set a new standard to turn based games with this one. Let's hope it will give us more turn based strategy games in the future, when it's proven it can look as good as an rts, and have all the advanteges of a turn based game!

I will say, bravo Firaxis! (So far) :goodjob:

Philips beard said:
Hehe, it will a bit unusual and different in the start I guess! :)

Have you seen the man with the weagon on the first screen? Can it be symolizing a trade route perhaps?
I'm glad someone posted a clear shot of this one...in the one posted the other day (a photo of the magazine, not a scanned pix) it looked like that wagon guy was a 1800's era photographer and the 5 guys in the right were posing for a picture! :crazyeye:

Slax said:
I wish they could scale it so that the city is at least larger than the mines.

Agree with that one, Slax! Perhaps it looks different a little bit more zoomed out!

Slax said:
I wish they could scale it so that the city is at least larger than the mines.
It will be easy to mod it...honestly I'm more concerned about what each thing represents in game play than it how it looks... as evidenced with Civ3 the modders will have a field day changing the look of the structures/terrain. (But units may be harder if they use the same type models as say the Sims for example - 3D rendering is more complex. I gave up on the Sims for that reason - it was too complicated to figure out what 3 type files needed to be changed for each item...and when you downloaded one that wasn't exactly right it hosed the whole game.)

Have you noticed the lion units on two of the screenshots? A bit strange to use lions in combat perhaps! :)

Hehe, we posted that one the same second! ;) I really hope it's not an unit! Alot of other unit types should be prioritized before lion warriors! ;)

Philips beard said:
Agree with that one, Slax! Perhaps it looks different a little bit more zoomed out!
It seems like at different zoom levels, certain things appear or disappear. The cities are probably small looking because they want to be able to fit in city improvements around the edges, like the temple shown in Fig 4.

Slax said:
In the last image, someone tell me what they think that is that looks like three lions around a black signpost.

Yeah. That is a really weird thing.
It reminds me on Red Alerts dogs. :crazyeye:

If you take a look at the lions flag, it's a pirate sign! I guess it's the barbarians flag, and those wild animals functions the same way as barbarians! That's my guess! And I think it's a good one..... ;) :king:

Philips beard said:
Have you noticed the lion units on two of the screenshots? A bit strange to use lions in combat perhaps! :)

It looks like a unit, since the flag is the same as those in Fig 2. They are easier to see in Fig 2 in the right box (the "fog of war" fig).

Philips beard said:
If you take a look at the lions flag, it's a pirate sign! I guess it's the barbarians flag, and those wild animals functions the same way as barbarians! That's my guess! And I think it's a good one..... ;) :king:
They added a safari feature!!! (Do you think there are sharks too? No more MGL's swimming in the ocean waiting for pickup....lol.)

Top Bottom