PCGamesN: Old World coming to Steam/GOG in spring, also new expansion

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter
Last edited:
Oh man, new expansion? Steam and GOG? I had better stop slacking off :D

'Next Spring' means 'June'. In other words it was one year in 'early access' and now ANOTHER YEAR in '1.0 release'.

Sorry, nothing to get excited about here.

Yeah, I don't understand the comment?

Will there be multiplayer crossplay? Such that steam and epic users can play together?

I went ahead and bought it now, I'll probably be buying it again in Spring, 2022. :crazyeye: It looks amazing, and that will still be way less that what I spent on Civ 6 yearly.

Will there be an achievement for buying it on all three platforms? :mischief:

Great news on the expansion and extra stores. Regarding the expansion campaign, do we know if it will contain extra civilisations/units/techs etc or is it Too Soon™ to say? :D

Kind regards,
Ita Bear

It is Too Soon™ ;)

Reactions: PiR
Notably, Old World, not to be confused with the MMORPG New World from Amazon Game Studios, was originally titled 10 Crowns.
Ah, that's why the logfiles have "10 crowns" all over the place :)

Yeah, the game was first announced as "10 Crowns", and at first you played for ten generations of your ruling dynasty. As the game changed, that name no longer fit, but it's still what the game is called in the code.

Thanks @The_J for that info, instead of spitting on Epic, everyone should actually thank them for making the game possible then :)

But then we can't post ridiculous images like this and continue deluding ourselves that Steam didn't do the same things (and more) to get its monopoly 20 years ago!

/sarcasim

I still believe Ten Crowns is / was a better name. Not really sure why it got renamed. Old World is much less SEO-friendly, not to mention confusion with Amazon's game New World.

Maybe name the expansion: Old World: Ten Crowns -- and add 3 more nations :D

Top Bottom