Peace-only games: have you tried it?

Glinka

Prince
Just curious. I'm going to give it a shot, if only to see how the different leader and civ qualities stack up against one another in such a situation. I may also enjoy simply thumbing my nose at Isabella. ;)

Good luck with your efforts. I try to be peacefull but find it hard at Noble level. Maybe Ive just fallen into a rut. I seem to have my best success by founding 4 or 5 good cities and then building up to conquer a neighbor. I try to time this with discovering CoL.

With the XP though, I am eager to try all the new leader traits.

Good luck and have fun.

I have done this many times on Noble level. Seems to me that the most important way to maintain peace is by making sure you have a solid army to prevent temptation by non-peaceseeking civs.

I don't think I have tried it seriously. Might be more interesting with a high ratio of map size to civs, and raging barbs. Or, a super-small ratio, for easier culture warfare. I wonder if you get We Demand Military Protection with that setting?

I think the first 2 didnt understand what you meant. So i Guess it will be a game without any military units...it might be interesting but i'll guess you'll won.

I know I would always do with the cultural victory. no need to bother for units and the CPU will never won a cultural win...

I think it would be impossible wouldn't it?

Even if you are being peaceful, if you start "winning" the competing civs will declare war on you.

Impossible? Look at this report from Kylearan: :goodjob:

Nonviolent Gandhi
Game Parameters

* Difficulty: Monarch, normal speed
* Map: Pangea, standard size, no barbarians
* Leader: Gandhi of India
* Opponents: 6 (Catherine, Victoria, Cyrus, Washington, Peter, Mansa Musa)
* Victory conditions: All enabled
* Variant rules: I'm not allowed to build any military units!

http://www.compoundeye.net/civ/nonviolent/index.html

I tried peace only but found as you go up in difficulty level other civs will usually find a reason to draw you into war. I always like it when they declare war on me though....gives me an excuse you destroy them. :D

I think the OP meant he was going to try a game with the "always peace" option turned on in the custom game menu. Then the AI can't declare war.

Top Bottom