• Other (please post what)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Furiey

No Longer Just Lurking
We are at War with Russia following their attack, violating the ROP we formed to move our troops into position for Babylon. We are in our Golden Age, and are due to research Military Tradition ahead of schedule in only 2 further turns. The discussions here have raised the possibility of other Civs declaring War on us as well. Persia is a key Civ, not only are we weak to them, but if they declared War on us we would lose our luxury trades with that continent which all rely on their territory. Renegotiating Peace with Persia would mean that they have to break a Peace deal in order to declare War, hopefully making it less likely they will do so. They will pay us 20 gold to Renegotiate Peace – do we want to do it?

This poll will run for 24 hours.

please vote Yes, No, Other (please post what) or Abstain

Sure, we benefit by receiving 20 turns where war is less likely to be declared, and 20 gold besides. We lose nothing.

Therefore, I vote yes.

I voted other. I say yes, but would they have a better attitude if we didn't require the 20 gold from them?

Because we are negotiating Peace for Peace (something for something) it does not count as a gift and therefore they will not have a better attitude if we do not require the 20 gold. For it to count as a gift we have to give something for nothing. As long as the deal is acceptable we will just therefore get the attitude improvement for having a running deal (which we already have anyway). We might just as well get the 20 gold. If we really wanted to we could always gift it back to them!

Top Bottom