1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Peace Treaty help?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by zotobom, Jan 29, 2012.

1. zotobom

zotobom Chieftain

I am new to this forum,so excuse me if this is in the wrong section but I got a question.
    If I play civ V (I am NOT new to Civ V,I already played it like 8 hours)
    Anyway...when I am in a war on this savegame (I am Eqypt,and I am/was warring with Germany,the Iroqouis,and India) but after a X amount of turns I get some automatic Peace Treaty or something...so my questions are:
    What is this,is it supossed to happen and can I cancel/disable this and/or a peace treaty?
    Thank you for reading.

2. sparkyal

sparkyal Warlord

Perhaps they are asking for peace from you.

3. Helmling

Helmling Philosopher King

Yeah, it's just them offering you a peace deal. Just refuse.

And by the way, buddy, eight hours means you ARE new to Civ V. See the thread up top about how many hours other people have put in.

4. zotobom

zotobom Chieftain

I dont think they are ASKING,cause I get messages ''You have made piece with India'' at the sidebar out of the blue. Also,all my allies also made peace,if that helps. I didn't propose peace myself. If I contact the civilization,''declare war'' is greyed out and when I mouse over it it says something along the lines that I can't declare war when a peace treaty is in place :(

5. FeiLing

FeiLing Deity

They ask you for peace with you giving them about everything you have even though you are clearly winning (they think they win, because they have 500 units hidden somewhere on the other side of the world). You very likely just accidentally accepted it.
    I hate it so much. They shouldn't ask that often. They should also stop asking if I refused twice for at least 20 turns or not before they take at least a city from me.

6. Cheeseisgood

Cheeseisgood Warlord

If you're playing on a team, the other team-mates making peace will make peace for the entire alliance. If your teammates are other players then they should talk to you first. If they're computer controlled then they will make peace whenever it suits them. If you drag them into war they'll drag you out of it.

Best advice is don't play on a team with the AI, it's not really designed for co-operative team play.

After peace has been declared, you cannot declare on that civ for 10 turns. Basically your AI partner is screwing you over.