Peace Treaty 'Loot' Ends in 10 Turns

AnthonyG

Warlord
Hi, long time reader, first time poster.

I looked long and hard to find a satisfactory answer to my question, but I couldn't find it (apologies if it is somewhere and/or obvious) and as much as I hate to be the guy who starts needless threads it's been bugging me. A lot.

My problem is this: recently I've had some peace deals expire after 10 turns. That is, all of my warmongering GPT and resources (luxury and strategic) are, poof!, gone with the regularly expiring peace treaty in 10 turns rather than 45 turns.

At first I thought it was because the civ in question ran out of money etc., but it is random as far as I can tell. For example, I just made a deal with Siam (Immortal level) where they gave me 2000-odd gold, a city, 3 luxury resources, some iron, and 100+ GPT. I made sure to look at them after I'd made the deal and, even with what they were paying me, their GPT was still 70-odd.

Newly happy and rich, I then seized the opportunity to go straight to war with the Mongols, but 10 turns later the whole lot was cancelled - GPT, luxury and strategic resources. Siam did not lose any territory or resources to anyone else in the meantime and after the cancellation their GPT went back up to 200+, more than enough to keep paying me.

So, what am I missing? I've got the latest patch (1.0.1.511) and I just don't remember it happening as much as this (if at all) before. If it's not a bug, then fair enough, but I still don't get why it is being suddenly (and seemingly randomly) cancelled like this and any help or explanation would be much appreciated.

if you trade a luxury +open borders (same trade) and the luxury gets pillaged (trade canceled) then your open borders gets canceled as well. Might be related. I haven't really looked into the mechanic for peace treaties at all but I think I've noticed them acting strange. I generally don't pay that close attention to them.

Top Bottom