Peace with India

Under what terms should we make peace with India?

• Immediately for the free territiorial gain.

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • No Peace - We must destroy them sir!

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Lets take a few more cities to see if we can get more from them

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • abstein

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mad-bax

Deity
GOTM Staff
Should we take peace now, or conquer some more, or completely destroy them?
Take your pick.

The discussion for this poll may be found >>HERE<

I voted for Immediate. We need to kill the Dutch now and not be distracted by a drawn out Indian war.

I also note that this should have been a public poll. I assume it was private due to M-B forgetting to change the default and not some sinister plan.

mad-bax said:
Sorry. :(

I did forget to tick the public box.
You do seem to be having a hard time with polls. ;) Since you are quite new to the use of polls, we forgive you. ;)
Just start the poll again and try to remember to check everything before pressing enter. I think there was one time where I had to restart a poll I set up two or three times. It can be frustrating all this poll business. :cringe:

We just had a JR to resolve this. Peace treaties are in the External Consulates juristiction. Commerce just decide when. There is no ambiguity, it has been ruled upon. The only reason there is a poll at all is that now the stated objectives of the Indian war - which were set out in the External Consulates policy before he was elected, I thought I would give the opportunity to re-evaluate our position to consider any changes in circumstance that might lead to a change in policy. The poll itself is badly worded. The use of the word "immediately" in option 1 was a mistake. Option 1 should have read "The goals of the war have been met and peace may be made at any time of the Director of Commerces discretion". Can't fit that on the option line though.

Basically the question boils down to this:

Is there time to take out the final two Indian cities in the North West and then destroy the Dutch core before the Dutch get feudalism.

In my view taking out the two Indian cities will add ten turns to the start of the Dutch war, and the Dutch are about 10 to 15 turns from feudalism. Therefore the current policy should not be changed.

This poll is not official anyway because I stuffed it up again. You will notice I haven't re-polled it. :) (and nor has commerce).

Peace treaties are in the External Consulates juristiction. There is no ambiguity, it has been ruled upon. The only reason there is a poll at all is that.....

Do you think that because somthing falls under a certain juristiction, you don't have to poll?

I have no objection, if that's what you are worried about. Call me lazy, but I don't mind it when someone else is simply doing what I should have done anyway. :)

Thanks to mad-bax, for polling this subject. Given the rather overwhelming majority, we shall have peace with India.

Octavian X said:
I have no objection, if that's what you are worried about. Call me lazy, but I don't mind it when someone else is simply doing what I should have done anyway. :)

Thanks to mad-bax, for polling this subject. Given the rather overwhelming majority, we shall have peace with India.

I second that. Getting things done is more important than deciding who gets to do them.

Top Bottom