1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Peaceful Deity Science Victory in 150T PERICLES & 157T Lucky ROME (VIDEO) - Strategy and Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by civtrader6, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Chieftain

Another advantage of Pericles is that you can get Papal Primacy even in peaceful games without a lot of cost.(Mysticism + Prophet Point Card)

In fact I'm wondering why aren't you doing that in the game.

2. i_imperator

i_imperator Imperator

How do you deal with barbs with this strat? I find i'm overwhelmed when I try it on immortal. I've been trying to buy my first settler too and then finishing the second one in the cap so I can get 3 cities by turn 30.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  3. anandus

anandus Errorist

Again, thank you @civtrader6 , Pericles is another educational game. Especially as it's not a great start. And also because of some small mistakes and how you handle those.
    It's good to hear your train of thought and how you go about things. I'm really learning a lot, I'm guessing a lot of people are. Really great!

4. civbuilder4

civbuilder4 Chieftain

Thank you very much, it was very educational. I'm trying to understand the district discounts in my current game as Russia. I've built 2 lavras and conquered 2 holy sites from my neighbour. ( 1 which was pillaged). I just finished researching "drama and poetry". I do not have writing or currency researched. According to what I understand here, I should be entitled to 2 40% discounted theatre square? But I see from my costs, it is 69 production, over the base cost of 54. What am I doing wrong?

5. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Chieftain

69 indicates that it is already discounted. Since you shall multiply the progression parameter first, which is 1+9*max(number of techs researched/67, number of civics researched/51)

civbuilder4 likes this.
  6. Softly

Softly Chieftain

Don't want to derail the thread, but has anyone every tried a peaceful wonder based science speed run as China? Would have to be on a lower difficulty but the idea is that you would rush the Apadana and then build the Oracle, Pyramids, Colosseum and Jebel Barkel all in your capitol. Then build a closely packed ring of 7-8 cities around your capitol, maximizing the Colosseum culture and Jebel faith. Relying on Jebel + Oracle (may also need two or three mountain holy sites) to buy your great people with has the advantage of (1) No need for Big Ben. (2) No need for culture beyond Colosseum since democracy isn't as important (3) Allows you to use your gold to purchase settlers/builders/things to hit eurekas.

Have never tried this but want to see what the experts think.

7. wo0ter

wo0ter Chieftain

Hi @civtrader6,

Quick question on your Trajan part 3 video (around 14:35). You mention that 1 charge builders need to be saved for Big Ben and Spaceport chops. Why specifically 1 charge builders? It seems like you're pumping out/buying builders so I don't really understand the concept of leaving builders at 1 charge.

8. Hactar

Hactar Chieftain

civtrader6 will probably clarify, but I think the idea is to have a whole bunch of builders pre-positioned on the tiles that will be chopped. Then when the time comes, you can do all the chops in one turn. If you had a smaller number of builders, each with multiple charges, you could do the same number of chops but it would take more turns. And of course the whole point of this is to do everything in a ridiculously small number of turns :)

You could of course have builders with more than one charge pre-positioned the same way, but that would be a waste of charges if you didn’t use them earlier, since the final series of chops ends the game.

9. wo0ter

wo0ter Chieftain

Thanks Hactar! That makes sense!

10. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Equally you could use each builder for more than one chop but that would waste turns. The main concept behind the one charge builder approach is a faster victory.

11. FireBender

FireBender Chieftain

Hello, I just played a game following the builder approach and got up to the space project construction stage, but for some reason the overflow from the great scientist for the 3000 production isn't carrying over to the other projects... am I missing something? I prepared by activating the +100% production scientist first, and then starting up the a space project. After activating Carl Sagan, the first project would complete, but I'd lose the remaining production.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  12. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Chieftain

You choose another project, chop a tree and it'll finish instantly, then choose another project, chop tree, etc. After chopping 4 trees you will win the game.

13. FireBender

FireBender Chieftain

Yeah, I tried to copy exactly what civtrader did in his Rome victory. After he activated Carl Sagan, he finished the current project, and then the other projects were all 1 turn a way from completion. But when I did the same by activating him on my moon landing, none of the leftover production carried over and I have to start from 0. Attached a screen cap so you can see.

Attached Files:

14. Boyan_Sun

Boyan_Sun Chieftain

When you finish the first project, you must choose another project asap before you chop/harvest, or the overflow production will be cleared.
    Maybe this bug is fixed in today's update. (It is the same with production salvaged from a Wonder )

15. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Chieftain

It seems that this is a weird bug? You don't happen to chop before you choose the second project, do you? Do you have the save?

16. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Chieftain

If you look at screenshot, evaluate the turn cost to complete different items, you will find that he does not chop beforehand.

Not everything goes as you think. I still wonder why every strategy mentioned here is "commonly used" by your players but never achieved similar good results:crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye:.

17. Hactar

Hactar Chieftain

That does seem like a bug. Are you using any mods?

18. FireBender

FireBender Chieftain

Here's the save. Modwise, I have only CQUI installed but it is disabled.

My process was pick moon landing project -> activate carl -> project finish cutscene -> then when I pick my next project, my screenshot earlier shows the production time

Attached Files:

19. Boyan_Sun

Boyan_Sun Chieftain

Hi, I have tried your save, yes you're right, all overflows gone. Now my game version is up to date, do you? I guess it's due to the new patch (R & F), but I don't have any other saves before active Carl. Hopefully other people who have these saves can help.
    In the old days, this overflow method could be used to give the overflow to all other productions (i.e. wonders) , which may be considered unfair by the official, so maybe it was changed by developers?

EDIT: Confirmed, it is due to the new patch. Now all great people cannot keep overflow for space projects after today's patch.:(

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  20. SharTeel

SharTeel Chieftain

Does this happen on an old pre-patch save or also on a new game? Someone was reporting forest chop values being lower than before on an old savegame, but they were fine on a new game.