"Peaceful" domination victory

kb27787

Deity
Just noticed something about Eleanor's ability...

The -loyalty is not capped at 20... hence with slotted wonders, etc. it can drive loyalty down to much below -20... 30 or 40 is quite doable depending on city overlap (meanwhile loyalty from pop is capped at -20)... I don't think there's a cap on the right most column. I managed to take deity AI's capital and a whole swath of cities simply by being next to them...

Hence it becomes entirely feasible to win a domination victory with her without fighting a single battle!!! :o
If you have a good cultural early game (Pingala), take divine spark pantheon and pass WC proposal for double GW points combined with Amani it becomes very easy to gimp AI early as long as you rush amphitheaters... the AI simply cannot deal with negative loyalty that early in the game.

And one weird thing, yes, the ability works on city states (which are tougher to convert as they always have an inherent +20 loyalty) as long as you have enough great works around, city states can join your empire (however, it seems bugged at the moment... it is not displaying properly but indeed I had one nearby CS which was in the crossfire of probably 40+ works of art join me)

Gonna state this before they start capping the loyalty penalty at -20 now...

Playing as Eleanor I unwittingly flipped two city states I was suzerain of. It was actually quite annoying as I preferred their bonuses to owning the cities themselves. I had to decline their accession to my empire, conquer them and then free them... After that they seemed to be immune to my pressure.

Top Bottom