1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Peaceful Domination

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by MarigoldRan, Apr 20, 2019.

1. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

Self-imposed challenge: Win Domination without conquering AI cities with Eleanor.

I saw a thread on this once. Advice?

Moderator Action: Thread title changed. Please do not do this again. leif
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2019
  2. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Pangaea for sure. Tiny map.

3. Phoenix1595

Phoenix1595 Lord of the Two Lands

I would also recommend to keep your eye on your faith game— you can faith buy those GA/GW/GMs to fill those Great Works slots.

4. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

I THOUGHT YOU WERE PEACEFUL, SWEDEN.

Sweden: Nope. (Declares war on turn 35).

5. Datian

Datian Chieftain

Advice ? Change the thread title. It's disgusting.

6. Arent11

Arent11 Chieftain

Build lots of units to pillage the enemy :mischief:

7. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

Uh. Were you supposed to build campuses or was it Holy Sites?

I know you build theatre squares. But what's the other district you're supposed to get?

8. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Royal navy dockyards in my opinion, playing as England of course. Being able to buy great works is going to be easier in my opinion than trying to faith buy great people - holy sites don't generate enough faith I feel, you really need earth goddess or goddess of the harvest if you want to buy several great people.

9. TomeTraveler

TomeTraveler Chieftain

Entertainment districts to run bread and circuses from.

Edit: And spies, promoted as highly as possible. And if you don't disable Culture Victory you're almost sure to do that before you get close to Domination.

CPWimmer and TomKQT like this.
  10. Leucarum

Leucarum Chieftain

One of my favourite silly game settings is 'Planet Elaenor'. All AIs are elaenor. Pangaea with high sea level and add in additional civs till it's at max for size.

For added chaos if the player is Kupe and can't interfere with great writer recruitment it gets even sillier.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  11. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

It's a rather unique way of conquering people. You make friends with them and then you mind control them.

12. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Lol, wouldn't mind seeing a time lapse in you tube, not sure I want to play it. It's kind of annoying playing with all the same civs.

You are going to get me in a SMAC mood with such talk, you do actually do a mind control probe in that game.

13. TomKQT

TomKQT Chieftain

Yep. Dont forget about this, it can ruin your plans.

CPWimmer likes this.
  14. kb27787

kb27787 Chieftain

I'd go commercial hubs... With enough gold generation it becomes rather straightforward to buy archaeologists in newly acquired cities (you start to hit critical mass at 15+ cities or so and an economic alliance) just make sure you put all the routes in one mega city and guard it's commercial hub with 2-3 spies. You also will need to buy settlers later too.

Holy sites only give one relic slot so they are not worth it so much. To win straightforward you will most likely need indie bands.

15. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Only great works work for flipping cities, not artifacts.

16. Datian

Datian Chieftain

The holy site can also have a cathedral, for religious art - that's a single point, but each one matters.

17. kb27787

kb27787 Chieftain

I'm pretty sure artifacts and relics count as well in my last playthrough... did they change this anytime I was not aware about?

Banazir864 likes this.
  18. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

Uh. Do they count?

19. Janskey

Janskey Chieftain

At least artifacts do. Pretty sure that relics do, too.

20. kb27787

kb27787 Chieftain

I've just done one... domination without firing a single shot and befriending the whole world... had to completely eliminate some civs to make sure no cultural victory happens (and thanks to Kongo's high culture, was easily able to avoid that). All standard deity 8 Pangaea... balanced start.

My advice would just be to beeline cultural hegemony ASAP... turns out that 2 x Indie is enough to take a capital although sometimes it leaves a city at 1 loyalty and does not go below that for some reason (so I wasted the whole game trying to slowly burn through then AI instead of just Indie-ing everything) By the time you've reached that you've taken over so many holy sites that you can easily afford rock bands...

Granted, this game was an amazing start (Kilimanjaro) although I failed to get harvest pantheon (but seems divine spark is just as good)

And yes, can confirm artifacts and relics count as great works. So Mt St Michel is an interesting investment (probably not worth rushing, but if it's there late game, useful to generate some relics to help out)

Attached Files: