"Peaceful" GMR Cultural Diplomatic Scientific Game

EEE_BOY

Deity
:D Hi GMR fans, first time host here.

I would like to start a new GMR game featuring the peaceful types of victory conditions: Cultural, Diplomatic, Scientific victories only.

Map: All players on the same continent (Inland Sea for coastal access)
Size: Huge, for 10 players. Larger map will reduce the effectiveness of war.
CS: 20 for 10 players
DLC: all DLCs, G&K, WOTAW
Special rule: No city or City Stares conquering, only war of pillage is allowed. Nuke off.
Civ choices: First come first pick.
Austria is open to debate (but I think it's ok because of the instant happiness hit, as you can't puppet CS, only annex is allowed).
Speed: quick
Start: Ancient
Turn timer: 24 hours
Max skip: 10

As the title of "peaceful" suggests, it may not be as peaceful as you may think.

Personally, I haven't got either cultural or diplomatic win in G&K.

Thank you for your attention.

Map: Inland Sea
CS difficulty: immortal

Players: (with actual turn order)

EEE: Sweden
Banman: Babylon
Fanadinn: Greek
Foffaran: Russia
Slvynn: Iroquois
Muscu: France
PrimEval: Byzantium
Tab: Ethiopia
Wyrda: Aztec
Islandia: Maya

The game is launched!

Sure I'm in and I'd like to play Maya though if anyone has a strong preference for it I can pick something else.

I'll go Iroquois

Hi,
i'm really interested in this game. Since City-States are the only ones allowed to conquer citys one should discuss the difficulty. I propose Immortal at least, to let them have an slightly more serious army.

edit: i should mention that i'm in, before the game is full :)

Russia for the production bonus? That's quite unexpected :D

Much so. Large production, large empire and faster border growth. And a fast pillaging unit in cossacs if I ever need it. That was the initial plan atleast.
Plus I like Russia.

I have tried Babylon in a SP once but I dont know. Didnt like the city names. Thats a big deal to me. :)

Hi,
i'm really interested in this game. Since City-States are the only ones allowed to conquer citys one should discuss the difficulty. I propose Immortal at least, to let them have an slightly more serious army.

edit: i should mention that i'm in, before the game is full :)

Hi Fanadinn. CS are not allowed to be conquered, because we need diplomatic victory possible. ;)

When we wait for more players, shall we discuss what maps? Asia? Lake?

Also some new players (at least to me), could you please post your time zone and usual play time?

24 hours turn timer seems ok, right? Max skip 10, which does not count vacation mode.

I think he meant that CS are allowed to conquer, not be conquered. And since they can take cities from us they should be beefed up a little so they can actually do some damage. I like his idea.

GMT+2 in Paris? Are you counting daylight saving?

You can put Muscu after me then cause we have the same timezone but I play my turn an hour or 2 earlier.

i am gmt +2 as well, available at evenings

I think he meant that CS are allowed to conquer, not be conquered. And since they can take cities from us they should be beefed up a little so they can actually do some damage. I like his idea.

that was my point!

I am GMT+1 and can play from 7pm.

i'm in if there's room, random civ choice fine w/me, would be cool to do a different kind of map (lake, highland, etc.), but I'm good with anything ... play time for me is usually between 8am and 7pm GMT-5

I'n interested. I need a new slot first. My oldest GMR game is going to end soon. It will be a completely different game than this one!

I'n interested. I need a new slot first. My oldest GMR game is going to end soon. It will be a completely different game than this one!

Hi, Tab, we will wait for you to reborn here :D

For the sake of the game title, I don't think anyone is specifically going culture, which may be the hardest victory condition to achieve. So Tab, Do you mind choose one that may be good at culture win? Say Ethopia or Egypt.

Top Bottom